How do I get my mirroring RAID in order again after disconneting one drive temporarily?

jaffa

Jan 26, 2005
I had two s-ata HDDs in a raid 1 array configuration (mirroring). They ran fine together. I then disconnected the drives to try them one at a time, just to make sure that the mirroring really worked, and it obviously did. Everyting had been mirrored. Great!

The problem arised when I put them together again because now they won't run in a mirroring array, probably because they are not completely identical anymore. I get the following error messages.

0 Degraded Nvidia mirror 232GB
1 Degraded Nvidia mirror 232GB

My question now is how I can make them completely identical again. I don't know in what ways they are different but I would say that they are probably identical to 99%...

Hope for some help here...because I don't want to delete everything and set up the RAID array again to get it working.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
I don't know your controller, but on mine, you just setup both drives as RAID 1, and it automatically starts rebuilding the array.

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
NF3 Raid comes with a Windows Raid manager that gives the option to re-sync the drives in the background and gives progress indication.

Look on your mobo disk and see if you have one.

-Sid

jaffa

Jan 26, 2005
Thank you for your replies.

I have an Asus A8N-SLI motherboard with an nForce 4 Chipset (maybe I should have told you before).

I will check my raid bios for "rebuild" or set them up as a Raid 1, again.