How do I get Intel Windows XP C200 SATA drivers only for my Asus Z68-V/GEN3!?!

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
I am getting frustrated! I need JUST the Intel 6 series C200 6-port SATA ACHI controller-
1c02 for Windows XP. I want to dual-boot Windows XP with my current Windows 7 Home Premium. Windows XP SP2 will not recognize my old SATA 320GB Hard-drive.
Please help! Thank you.

P.S. I want to slip-stream the SATA drivers into Windows XP SP2.

Last edited:

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Don't try to slip stream the drivers. It's a pain in the ass and most times it fails.
Use a USB stick and pre-load them before you install the OS.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
If you don't have the controller set to RAID in the BIOS, you don't need the RAID driver to install windows.

It looks like you want the ini files in the Driver\Install directory on your floppy, and choose the Intel Z68 during Windows setup.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
If you don't have the controller set to RAID in the BIOS, you don't need the RAID driver to install windows.

It looks like you want the ini files in the Driver\Install directory on your floppy, and choose the Intel Z68 during Windows setup.

I don't have a floppy drive.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Its fairly easy to do, I will give you the steps below

Download the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software from the Asus Website

Get nlite
Get XP SP3, may as well, saves you some download time

Extract the Intel Drivers,
Copy the XP SP2 cd to hard drive
Run Nlite
Point To XP SP2 Cd Folder
Select Service Pack, Driver, Bootable ISO
Point to Service Pack 3 File that you downloaded
Click Insert -> multiple drivers folder -> point to the Driver\Disk\32bit folder of the Extracted Intel driver
Let it run
Then you can either burn directly to CD or make an ISO image and then burn it

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Its fairly easy to do, I will give you the steps below

Download the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software from the Asus Website

Get nlite
Get XP SP3, may as well, saves you some download time

Extract the Intel Drivers,
Copy the XP SP2 cd to hard drive
Run Nlite
Point To XP SP2 Cd Folder
Select Service Pack, Driver, Bootable ISO
Point to Service Pack 3 File that you downloaded
Click Insert -> multiple drivers folder -> point to the Driver\Disk\32bit folder of the Extracted Intel driver
Let it run
Then you can either burn directly to CD or make an ISO image and then burn it

Thanks. I did exactly as you said. Windows XP Pro SP3 goes to the 'Setup' screen and starts loading all the drivers. After that all I get is a BSOD.

I guess I'll have to settle for VirtualBox.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Have you set the SATA port for IDE mode in the bios? It is strange that you would need a driver. After all, you do not need a driver to detect a sata dvd drive. XP2 SP2 CD comes with a standard sata driver that should just work. Is there any way you can get your hands on a XP SP3 CD? You can always change the product key after installing...

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Windows XP Pro SP2 loads up just fine in VirtualBox. Maybe it's my overclocked CPU?
Or maybe I should have installed Windows XP Pro SP2 1st and then Windows 7 HP SP1?

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Windows XP Pro SP2 loads up just fine in VirtualBox. Maybe it's my overclocked CPU?
Or maybe I should have installed Windows XP Pro SP2 1st and then Windows 7 HP SP1?

VB makes it's own virtual IDE controller, so that does not have anything to do with the SATA controller on your motherboard.

Have you taken sm625's suggestion and changed your SATA port to IDE mode in the BIOS? 7 won't like this, but if you slip in your 7 disk the repair option will fix this.

BTW, you are probably going about this the wrong way. You would want to install XP first to dual boot, as you want 7's boot manager.

Does XP not doing what you want in a VM?