How do I do reverse indentation in Word?

guapo337

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2003
I need to write a bibliography. How do I do reverse indentation in Word? Whenever I try, I always screw up and it never works!

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
The way I do it is to type the bibliography without indentations. Then highlight the whole bibliography. Up at the top there is an area that lists the document size (normaly in inches if you didn't customize it differently). On this area there are house shaped sliders. Slide the bottom slider (the rectangle and the triange both) to the indented location. Move the top slider to the edge of the margin.

guapo337

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2003
Originally posted by: dullard
The way I do it is to type the bibliography without indentations. Then highlight the whole bibliography. Up at the top there is an area that lists the document size (normaly in inches if you didn't customize it differently). On this area there are house shaped sliders. Slide the bottom slider (the rectangle and the triange both) to the indented location. Move the top slider to the edge of the margin.

You are my savior. :heart::lips::sun::)

:wine::beer::D:music:

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: guapo337
Shift+tab does nothing. I am using Win98Se by the way.
Shift tab is for an outline. It decreases the outline level by one. You most likely aren't using an outline for a bibliography.

The Windows version is not useful information (but the Office version may be).