How do I DL a PHP script?

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
I'd like to DL the actual script, not the HTML page it generates, so View -> Source is out. Any ideas?

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i think it's impossible, unless you can gain access to the server (or the person who owns it does something to allow it)

of course, if it's say... open source, free script... then you can usually go the vendor's site and they have it to download.

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
No, it's a University script that tells us how much bandwidth we've used and our room/phone #s. I can't figure out how to get any IP into the script other than the one I have assigned (I've already tried spoofing the host and referer and it does nothing). I want to check the other IPs so I can go talk to the people that have viruses running rampant that are trying to hack my computer.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
One of the biggest advantages of PHP is ppl cannot view the underlying code... this will allow the programmer to put passwords to their databases and other sensitive information right into their PHP code and be safe about it...

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: BCYL
One of the biggest advantages of PHP is ppl cannot view the underlying code... this will allow the programmer to put passwords to their databases and other sensitive information right into their PHP code and be safe about it...

yea what he said (although is that an advantage? isn't that true for any server side scripting language?)

maybe you should talk to your university's security team? i know that the security team here will handle such things.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
You make it sound as if this is a strength of PHP which CGI under Perl, mod_perl, ASP, JSP or even CFM don't have. EVERY server side language does this.

You'll have to ask for the source code, Sukhoi.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: yllus
You make it sound as if this is a strength of PHP which CGI under Perl, mod_perl, ASP, JSP or even CFM don't have. EVERY server side language does this.

You'll have to ask for the source code, Sukhoi.

thats what i said