How do I delete a game from my Steam Account?

deadken

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
I have always been a big fan of Half-Life. As a matter of fact, if I hadn't played it at a friends house, I never would have bought my first Windows based PC (PII 400Mhz).

Anyway, I have HL2 and HL2: Episode 1. Since my friends and I have been toying around with HL and some of its Mods, I'd like to install HL2: E1 on my sons machine so that he could play with us. I don't see how to remove Episode 1 from my Steam account so that I can create a Steam account for my son and put Episode 1 on his machine.

Is a game permantly linked to the first Steam Account that it is activated on? Or am I missing something?

-Thanks, Ken

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
It's permanantly linked to your Steam account.

You should just buy him Orange box for his birthday or something.

Apr 17, 2005
i think you're screwed in that you can't un-attach a game from an account. i have a gift copy of HL2 left from my orange box. want it for you son?

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
i think you're screwed in that you can't un-attach a game from an account. i have a gift copy of HL2 left from my orange box. want it for you son?

:thumbsup:

Perfect solution :)

Miklebud

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Yeah, I was going to offer my HL2 and Episode 1 too. ;) PM me if you want.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad

Originally posted by: Miklebud
Yeah, I was going to offer my HL2 and Episode 1 too. ;) PM me if you want.

Quality.

Elderly Newt

May 23, 2005
if you buy a package deal (like the orange box) and already own a game it comes with (like hl2 and ep1, which had been released previously), you have a copy of that game to give away for free

deadken

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
Ok, thanks. Once I tried removing it, I had thought that there was a problem. Now it all makes sense.

Wow! Thank you guys for your offers and generosity! I will send out PM's now!

BTW: I saw a thread in this section about Team Fortress 2. Is that a free mod for those who own a HL2 game? Or is it one that gets sold like Counter Strike?
I'd like to get together with some other Anandtech guys for a few rounds of gaming!

onlyCOpunk

Platinum Member
May 25, 2003
You could always log into your steam account on his computer, download the game and then choose play offline. I think that should work.

Apr 17, 2005
nah, you gotta pay for TF2. its $30 by itself or $50 for orange box which includes HL2, Ep1, Ep2, TF2 and Portal.