How do I connect XBOX 360 to 3007WFP

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Send the monitor back and get something better suited for your uses. Maybe two 2407's and then plug your 360 into one of theeir vga ports?

inveterate

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: preslove
Send the monitor back and get something better suited for your uses. Maybe two 2407's and then plug your 360 into one of theeir vga ports?

I want BIG, 24" is nice, but there is 8 feet from the monitor to my eyes in my dorm, and i just set up this AWSOMEZ movie watching area, noo way am i going smaller than 30"

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: inveterate

I want BIG, 24" is nice, but there is 8 feet from the monitor to my eyes in my dorm, and i just set up this AWSOMEZ movie watching area, noo way am i going smaller than 30"

Then you might want to consider a 37" or 32" 1080p LCD TV. A decent one will have a DVI port for computer input along with all the normal video inputs. 8 feet is probably a little close for a 37", but it's up to you.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005

Projector?

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003

Coming from a guy who says:

VF900 = GAY, they lie!

in your sig. Get out and get some sun. Or use your dorm bed for something other than watching movies.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003

:laugh:

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Viper GTS

and I've yet to see a converter, that isn't a 300 dollar BOX.

That's pretty much your only option.

What do you plan to do, hot-swap between a PC & a console?

If you bought this display for dedicated console use you'd have been far better off buying a TV. You can get a very nice 1080P 37" 16:9 LCD for the price of a 3007, & have all the inputs you could possibly want.

Viper GTS

If a 37" LCD TV is the same price as a 30" LCD computer monitor, who in his right mind would pass up the LCD with much much higher resolution, that works just as well as a computer monitor???

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe

If a 37" LCD TV is the same price as a 30" LCD computer monitor, who in his right mind would pass up the LCD with much much higher resolution, that works just as well as a computer monitor???

Different displays for different purposes. From the sounds of it a TV would be much better suited for his needs. The 37" would also be ~45% more viewing space, which isn't such a bad thing.

Besides, 1920x1080 is higher resolution than the 20-22" 1680x1050 displays the people around here cream themselves over.

Viper GTS

step-dawg

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000

What are you talking about? a 37" LCD TV has a lower resolution than a 30" Dell LCD. Sure it works pretty well for a desktop but it has waaay less desktop real estate compared to the 30". ??

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: step-dawg

What are you talking about? a 37" LCD TV has a lower resolution than a 30" Dell LCD. Sure it works pretty well for a desktop but it has waaay less desktop real estate compared to the 30". ??

I meant who in his right mind would buy the 37" TV over the 30" Dell monitor.

Also, about the games.. the advantage of the 2560x1600 resolution would be that you can run games at 1280x800 and not have any of the fuzzy pictures problems you usually get from upscaling.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001

8 feet?

http://www.myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html

A 30" screen is more suited for a distance about half that for movie watching :p

8 foot seating distance is projector territory ;)
You should be at about 70" at that distance :D

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Aug 6, 2001

Also, about the games.. the advantage of the 2560x1600 resolution would be that you can run games at 1280x800 and not have any of the fuzzy pictures problems you usually get from upscaling.

He's trying to hook up to an xbox360, you think a 3007 is better for that?

At 8 feet away, I think the whole 1600p resolution thing is pretty moot unless he has superhuman vision too.

For his seating distance and source material, I think he should be trying to get something as larger rather than concentrating on getting a smaller display that he can't even get a signal to.

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: YOyoYOhowsDAjello

At 8 feet away, I think the whole 1600p resolution thing is pretty moot unless he has superhuman vision too.

For his seating distance and source material, I think he should be trying to get something as larger rather than concentrating on getting a smaller display that he can't even get a signal to.

Yeah but if it works, it's a better use of money than a 37" tv with some low res TV panel, because it also makes a great computer monitor.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Aug 6, 2001

Yeah but if it works, it's a better use of money than a 37" tv with some low res TV panel, because it also makes a great computer monitor.

The sources he's mentioned are gaming consoles and then eventually HD-DVDs. Since none of these are going to be 2560x1600, why get it? He might even have an easier time getting 1080p sent to an LCD TV than getting it to display on the 3007. It looks like 1080p or 720p are probably going to be the resolutions he's using the most and an LCD TV might do a better job at those and will be bigger while doing it too.

He's going to have major difficulties trying to get a signal from the consoles to the monitor, it only has one input, and at 8 feet away and a screen that small, does 2560x1600 vs 1920x1080 even matter?

If he was using this as a computer monitor, I would totally agree with you. Since as far as I can tell he's using this mainly as a display for gaming consoles and movie watching at an 8 foot viewing distance, a larger 1080p LCD or something much larger seems like it would be a better display for him.

inveterate

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2005

The sources he's mentioned are gaming consoles and then eventually HD-DVDs. Since none of these are going to be 2560x1600, why get it? He might even have an easier time getting 1080p sent to an LCD TV than getting it to display on the 3007. It looks like 1080p or 720p are probably going to be the resolutions he's using the most and an LCD TV might do a better job at those and will be bigger while doing it too.

He's going to have major difficulties trying to get a signal from the consoles to the monitor, it only has one input, and at 8 feet away and a screen that small, does 2560x1600 vs 1920x1080 even matter?

If he was using this as a computer monitor, I would totally agree with you. Since as far as I can tell he's using this mainly as a display for gaming consoles and movie watching at an 8 foot viewing distance, a larger 1080p LCD or something much larger seems like it would be a better display for him.

It s neced to my computer so yea it wil need to work well with my computer. WHICH means there wasn't really the option for 37" lcd, I would've never bought anything of that type anyhow. thx for the suggestion.

so you guys are SURE that this monitor will not support any analog signal of any type?

BTW, i just watched the super bit encoding of crouching tiger on this ,, WOZERS.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

It s neced to my computer so yea it wil need to work well with my computer. WHICH means there wasn't really the option for 37" lcd, I would've never bought anything of that type anyhow. thx for the suggestion.

so you guys are SURE that this monitor will not support any analog signal of any type?

There are a lot of people using 1080P LCD's as computer monitors, the Dell is certainly the better PC monitor but the "TV's" are far more versatile.

And yes, the 3007WFP absolutely does not take any form of analog input. DVI only, and only two resolutions at that.

As I mentioned before BenQ's 30-incher is expected to have multiple inputs.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4936

Viper GTS

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Aug 6, 2001

BTW, i just watched the super bit encoding of crouching tiger on this ,, WOZERS.

I guess I missed the part where you said you wanted to use it as a computer monitor too.

People are getting very good results with 37" LCDs as monitors and that would be much better suited for at least the gaming portion since you'll actually be able to hook it up. For movies, I would also say that it would be a better experience due to your viewing distance and that you might even get native resolution from some 1080p sources.

Here's some people you could ask about their 37" LCD displays.
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=31&threadid=1942905&enterthread=y

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005

And yes, the 3007WFP absolutely does not take any form of analog input. DVI only, and only two resolutions at that.

Viper GTS

I can select any resolution from 800x600 through 2560x1600 and it plays fine with my 3007. 800x600 w/solitaire = cards bigger than life! :laugh:

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: MS Dawn

I can select any resolution from 800x600 through 2560x1600 and it plays fine with my 3007. 800x600 w/solitaire = cards bigger than life! :laugh:

That's because your video card is handling the scaling, the monitor itself only supports two resolutions.

Viper GTS

inveterate

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2005

There are a lot of people using 1080P LCD's as computer monitors, the Dell is certainly the better PC monitor but the "TV's" are far more versatile.

Viper GTS

a bit yukkie, but i guess since it isn't yet released, thats what u'd expect. the base is like 20 years ago LOL.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005

That's because your video card is handling the scaling, the monitor itself only supports two resolutions.

Viper GTS

Is there more information about the input limitation? Does the circuitry in the monitor report back to the video card so the display can always display the correct scaled output? The BIOS shows up fine even on the ATi cards whereas the Apple 30" did NOT.

Vista RC1 also did not work properly - the display limitation was 1/2 or 1280x800 even with ATi signed drivers.