Question How do I Change OS Partition size in Win-7

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dan99t

Nov 29, 2011
I have installed Windows 7 on a new SSD.
But the OS Partition size is too small. ( As shown in attachment )
I have lots of free space on an adjacent partition as shown.
How do I take some space from there and make OS Partition bigger.
I am not an expert so I will appreciate as much detailed instruction as possible.

Thank You

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    17 KB · Views: 9

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
A simple solution if available is to look for a setting in the app to change the data storage location, if you plan on having multiple partitions/disks.
Ditto.

Storage can be cheap. You can get 3TB NVME drives, I know of 2TB SATA drives, and you can use a conventional electro-mechanical spinner. And even the spinner can be cached to RAM or NVME. The type of work you're doing can determine an experience of noticeable and phenomenal speed. Right now, sporting 64GB of RAM in total, I'm using 48GB of it to cache more than one drive in the system.

Sp in cases with a huge number data files, might as well save the data on a single drive. I think you could create a dual boot system on different physical disks with one of them holding the bootloader. For the OS, however, I'd create two volumes on a single disk.

If you separate the system-boot drive from the data, you can back them up in multiple ways, even simultaneously.