How do i burn AVI movies onto a CD using Nero without exceeding CD capacity??

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
Hi i have some AVi movies that I play with DivX and they are about 600-700mb in size.

Now i tried to burn them with nero using video format so I could play them on my DVD player but every time i try to burn using video format when nero finished this 700mb grow into like 1gb or more

so how do i compress the AVI movies and burn them using nero and still be able to fit them on the cd and play them on my dvd player? is there something like DVD Ripper or some other program i need to use?

If i burn AVI in data format it doesnt work on my dvd player. Thanx a lot.

LuDaCriS66

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
You can't play Divx files on a DVD player.. they simple do not support that format.

However, you can convert your Divx files into mpeg files.. and then create VideoCD's (VCD) out of the Divx files to play on your DVD player using Nero's Video CD option.
This VCD option will also mostly likely require you to put the movie onto two CDs per movie though.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
dude, what Nero does is try to convert the AVI into MPEG, which is the format used by VCDs, and is readable in standalone DVD players. To be more precise, you're downgrading MPEG 4 into MPEG 1, which is lower quality and larger size. naturally, you need more CDs for the same data.

Also, be aware that Nero encodes like crap, especially from divx, so you have to use another program to do the job right.

Or you can just buy one of those DVD players that read AVI (divx) file.

If you REALLY want to find out more about this subject, go to www.dvdrhelp.com and start reading stuff for a couple of days. Right now, it's painfully obvious that you don't know much about the subject, so it's very likely that you will make some mistakes which otherwise could have been easily avoided.