how do drive-thrus work?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
This guy goes to a drivethru and says to the 1st paying window that he didn't order anything since he doesn't have money and that he's just gonna leave. In reality he just moves on up to the next window as if he did just pay and grabs the food... the food of the person after him who actually ordered & paid. Is there really no way for the cashier-pickup to manage skipped cars? For that matter, is there really no control for them other than to follow the order of the cars? What if someone wants to order something else at the pickup window... does everything get fuct up?

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-...meal-at-McDonalds-4186

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
I don't think the occasional stolen meal hurts the bottom line. It is more profitable for them to churn out drive-thru customers at faster rates than worry about such theft.

Chryso

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2004
If they have cameras for the drive thru they can get the license plate. Then you get to go to jail for stealing McDonalds food.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
Around here it's one window for everything.

Almost all the places around here are the same now days. Even if they have two windows, they don't use the first one and only use the second one.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
haha you're looking too far into this, but....

-They have headsets, so if something like that happened they'd probably radio up to the 2nd window to let them know
-Even if they got away with it, I don't think a stolen big mac is going to bankrupt McDonald's, do you have any how much food those places throw away?
-Yes, they have a register at the 2nd window that allows them to take orders
-They have a control system to move orders around as well if the order is somehow messed up

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Safeway
I don't think the occasional stolen meal hurts the bottom line. It is more profitable for them to churn out drive-thru customers at faster rates than worry about such theft.

Ya, this problem is so rare that the businesses would lose a ridiculously large amount of money resolving this issue as opposed to just letting it slide.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
When I worked at McDonald's in my yesteryears, very rarely did we ever use separate windows for taking money and giving food.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Here in KC they use two windows, but only during super busy times such as noon.