How do buffet restaurants make any money?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Some indian lunch buffets in sunnyvale are 6.99
Great food and good deal considering a subway meal can cost that much.

stuman19

Jul 13, 2002
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
yup, cheap fattening, filling food. most people can't eat their moneys worth of that kind of food, not that you'd want to, that would seriously be bad for you.

i avoid buffets. i'd rather pay for small amount fo quality, then a ton of tv dinner like food.

Your wrong, our buffet is the same as the pizza that we serve as an order. I know because I deliver it all the time. There really is no difference. Although, we have been open for 26 years so we could be different in that we do everything so its good! 26 years in the running!

Stu

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: ZOXXO
Originally posted by: PatboyX
Originally posted by: LordJezo
Originally posted by: werk
Originally posted by: dnetmhz
Originally posted by: Whisper Cheap food. Lots and lots of cheap food. They just go into it with the hope that you're coming to an all you can eat buffet hungry enough not to notice the quality of the meal. The two buffets I've been to that used "good" food were around $40/person.
I've never heard buffet and "good food" used in the same sentence before .....interesting ;)
Good buffet.
Better buffet
Best Buffet

<a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.margaritaville.com/" target=blank>Jimmy Buffet</a>

:D