Question How did your update your Adata 800 drive?

Syllinx

Jan 29, 2021
I can't get the flash drive it created to boot. I tried fat32 and ntfs.
I used the app included to create the bootable drive. I was able to boot off of a flash drive to install Windows 10 so I should be able to boot off this drive.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
So you are trying to update Adata SU800 SSD's firmware?

Isn't that done within Adata's SSD Toolbox program? I see there is a firmware update in RAR format, but I don't see any instructions for the user to create a bootable drive.

Syllinx

Jan 29, 2021
When you use the toolbox 'check firmware' it immediately 'opens their site and gives you a link to the .rar file then tells you create the iso with the boot drive creator it has.

Thanks for responding. I'm going to give up for now. I'm going to hope that since I bought the drives last week that the firmware is ok. Even though firmware is different on both drives.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Weird way to do it, but I guess Adata likes complicating things that should be easy. ;)

From what I read on their site, they really don't give any info about that process, so you might have to wait for another Adata drive owner to chime in on how they updated the drive's firmware. I've seen firmware updates in many different forms, but I haven't come across a SSD that does it that way.