How did you select your AT username?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by: FeuerFrei
Originally posted by: GuideBot
I like the Descent games. I liked Decent 2 when you could turn Guide Bot into a missile-lobbing psycho. He'd even fire earthshakers :laugh:

Ah yes. :thumbsup: Good times. Guide Bot was a.k.a. Wingnut, IIRC.
I used all kinds of cheats for Descent. :)

best shooting game ever. quad laser level 6! have you guys tried D2X-XL? runs perfectly in windows, osx, and linux!

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
i was looking for something totally different from my usual forum name that ive used to years on forums and in vid games, and i remembered this from my childhood...

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I like potato's, and my favourite number is 28. I also like vodka, which is made from potato's :)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
derivation of a nickname given to me by friends during my mid-college days. z represents my first name, but normally comes at the end.

first used this when signing up for Ebay whenever that was, and have used it all over the internets....

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
"Hung Far Low" used to be a restaurant/lounge in Chinatown (Portland, OR) known for pouring ridiculously strong drinks. It was somewhat of a cult landmark so I figured I'd pay homage to it through a username that more accurately described me.

pic of infamous sign

The restaurant still exists but moved when massive renovations began in oldtown-chinatown a few years back.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: hungfarover
"Hung Far Low" used to be a restaurant/lounge in Chinatown (Portland, OR) known for pouring ridiculously strong drinks. It was somewhat of a cult landmark so I figured I'd pay homage to it through a username that more accurately described me.

pic of infamous sign

The restaurant still exists but moved when massive renovations began in oldtown-chinatown a few years back.

Yeah somehow it's just not so awesome on SE 82nd.

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: m1ldslide1

pic of infamous sign

Yeah somehow it's just not so awesome on SE 82nd.

Amen to that. I hate that part of town. Plus I used to be able to walk home from Chinatown if I have too many.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
I generally come in two moods, "bouncy" and sleepy. One day back in one of my early high school years I was definately not sleepy, and a friend said something to the effect of "what are you the ADD Avenger or something?" I like the sound of it, so I used it when I signed up here.

InflatableBuddha

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2007

pic of infamous sign

That's a cool story.

BTW, I can't help but notice that the "tail" in "cocktail" is missing in that pic...add that to the "Hung Far Low" name and LOL!

Yes...I'll get my mind out of the gutter now.

AceGoober

Jun 13, 2004
Ace = Given to me by quite a few customers for solving what seemed to be unsolvable problems with their computer systems.

Goober = I like to make people laugh. Even if it is a bad joke it still cracks a smile on most people's faces. :)

zylander

Platinum Member
Aug 25, 2002
Back in high school when I first got online, onto AIM and into games I needed a name and made this one up. Though now I usually use Far_Cyed or Vlasic; yes I know Vlasic is the pickle company, when I thought of it I didnt know it was hte name of a pickle company, hehe.

cjmtfd102401

Feb 11, 2006
cjm-my first, middle, and madien name initals
tfd my husbands initals
10-24-01 is when were started dating

We just got married on July 7th

InflatableBuddha

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2007
Originally posted by: cjmtfd102401
cjm-my first, middle, and madien name initals
tfd my husbands initals
10-24-01 is when were started dating

We just got married on July 7th

Congratulations to you and your husband!

ABitTooSpicy

Jun 30, 2004
Haven't we done this before??

My friend showed me the site asian avenue, and I thought I'm a bit too Indian for this site. Instead I went with abittoospicy, and been using it for everything else since then. :-D

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Nothing special. When I made my Hotmail account, I tried using my first inital and last name. It was taken already. So I just reversed it. Been using this same username for all my accounts like 15 years now.

Nov 5, 2001
My name is Mike, some call me Mikey. I am an alum of Kansas State (the Wildcats)

Mikey is for the Cats

Mikeyis4DCats

But most people now call me Moose. I've pondered a change, but Moose is probably taken.

Feb 6, 2007
I stole mine from the film Atomic Cafe (a wonderful documentary about early propaganda in support of the atomic bomb). An Army Official goes on TV to assuage people's fears about the bomb, and says (among other things): "The bomb will not start a chain-reaction in the water converting it all to gas and letting the ships on all the oceans drop down to the bottom. It will not blow out the bottom of the sea and let all the water run down the hole. It will not destroy gravity. I am not an atomic playboy, as one of my critics labeled me, exploding these bombs to satisfy my personal whim."

Personally, I always felt the line about destroying gravity was funnier, but atomic playboy makes a better handle.

zach0624

Jul 13, 2007
Uh, my first name and my birthday, I had to have numbers for steam so I just used my birthday and have been using this ever since