How did you propose to your wife/SO?

IHYLN

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
this past august we went on vacation to cancun and I proposed to her on the parasail.

no i was too chicken to bring the ring along for that.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Well I got down on one knee, held out the box, and he opened it. I said "Will you marry me?" He looked at the ring, then at me, then said "Um....we can't get married, America has deemed us unworthy of that." So I said, "Damn, you're right. Oh well let's go have some gay sex."
The end.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Me: "Janet... (short pause cause my mind blanked).. Umm, i'm gonna try something now, but if you don't like it, let me know."

Her: "Uh ok..."

Me: "Stick out your left hand."

IHYLN

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
haha good one!

should've said "Turn around and raise your left hand". :p

yes i have a dirty mind.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
ROMANCE ALERT ( after over 4 years of marriage this level of romance is thankfully no longer required all the time)

Initially I bought a really nice platinum ring >1 carat solitare with another carat of bagets (sp?) on the band and then went to Walmart and bought the cheapest CZ ring I could buy, I think it was a little over $20 after tax.

Since we initially met at a soccer venue I used some excuse to take here back there. While she was sitting in about the same place as when we first met I put the Wally ring in the place of the real one and asked something like.."when you first saw me here and were drooling all over me did you ever think I would ask you to marry me?" I then showed here the CZ and she loved it. Since she easily passed that test I gave her the real ring a few seconds later.

sciencewhiz

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Originally posted by: RKS
Initially I bought a really nice platinum ring >1 carat solitare with another carat of bagets (sp?) on the band and then went to Walmart and bought the cheapest CZ ring I could buy, I think it was a little over $20 after tax.

Since we initially met at a soccer venue I used some excuse to take here back there. While she was sitting in about the same place as when we first met I put the Wally ring in the place of the real one and asked something like.."when you first saw me here and were drooling all over me did you ever think I would ask you to marry me?" I then showed here the CZ and she loved it. Since she easily passed that test I gave her the real ring a few seconds later.

I did it with a ring pop.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Zysoclaplem
Well I got down on one knee, held out the box, and he opened it. I said "Will you marry me?" He looked at the ring, then at me, then said "Um....we can't get married, America has deemed us unworthy of that." So I said, "Damn, you're right. Oh well let's go have some gay sex."
The end.
You sure have a lot to say on the gay marraige issue. So tell us the truth, are you attracted to the same sex?

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: clamum
Me: "Janet... (short pause cause my mind blanked).. Umm, i'm gonna try something now, but if you don't like it, let me know."

Her: "Uh ok..."

Me: "Stick out your left hand."

HAHAHAHAHAHA

10/10

when i got off the airplane and she walked up to greet me (first time meeting face to face)

as soon as i got down on one knee she grabbed me, pulled me to my feet and said "MY mom is standing behind me"

and then some dude grabbed my luggage and ran away with it

i made the official proposal later that night

Ogg

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2003
right after she told me she was pregnant and my life flashed before my eyes I made a quaint but romantic proposal :Q;)

Rob9874

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
Took her to see "The Wedding Planner" and gave a slide I had made to the theater manager to show during the pre-movie commercials that said "Will you marry me?" (with our names of course, so not everyone in the theater thought it applied to them)

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: troytime
when i got off the airplane and she walked up to greet me (first time meeting face to face)

as soon as i got down on one knee she grabbed me, pulled me to my feet and said "MY mom is standing behind me"

and then some dude grabbed my luggage and ran away with it

i made the official proposal later that night

Whiskey?

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
The end.
You sure have a lot to say on the gay marraige issue. So tell us the truth, are you attracted to the same sex?

I'm not saying I am, and I am not saying I'm not, but I am.

I only posted that because I am hurting inside, and I try to mask that hurt with laughter.

bluehorizon

Jun 25, 2004
In bed. She thwarted all of my romantic plans, so I just thought hell with it, and proposed after sex.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
The end.

I'm not saying I am, and I am not saying I'm not, but I am.

I only posted that because I am hurting inside, and I try to mask that hurt with laughter.
It's ok, we still accept you for who you are, regardless of sexual preference. That's what makes AT so great.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
For her birthday, I made a sweatshirt with "Will you marry me?" spelled out on it. Made sure she opened that gift last.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Gave my camcorder to a dancing buddy of mine.

Hooked a wireless microphone under the collar of my shirt and put the transmitter in my pocket.

Went out to dinner at a swanky-swanky-posh-posh place.

Then went to a dance being held by the Dallas Swing Dance Society.

Danced with her to our song ("The Way You Look Tonight") with the wireless mic live and the camcorder goin'.

When the dance ended and the floor cleared, we were there alone on the dance floor. I went down on one knee and proposed in front of the crowd.

Showed the video at our rehearsal dinner. :)

SuepaFly

Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: RKS
ROMANCE ALERT ( after over 4 years of marriage this level of romance is thankfully no longer required all the time)

I'd be like "Are you kidding me? After all this time you still need to test me with a fake ring? If you still have qualms about me being superficial, we should just part."

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: chuckywang
See "Paradise by the Dashboard Light"

So now I'm prayin' for the End of Time
To hurry up and arrive
Cuz if I had to spend another minute with you
I don't think that I could really survive

I never break my promise or forget my vow
But Lord only know what I could do right now!
I'm prayin' for the End of Time
It's all that I can do... oooh... oooooooh

Prayin for the End of Time
So I can end my time with youuuuuuuuuuu.

(Really scary part: this is all from memory.)