How did you propose to your fiancee/wife/ex(if she said no)?

Pundit

Feb 28, 2002
Not that I plan to or anything, but I just wanted to get some ideas. OK, OK!! So I'm thinking about it. Well?

Jarwa

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2001
<< How did you propose to your fiancee/wife/ex(if she said no)? >>

She wouldn't be your fiancee/wife/ex if she said no, right?

lawaris

Banned
Jun 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Jarwa

why no for girls often means yes from where he comes from .... ask me
rolleye.gif

Pundit

Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: lawaris
propose for what ?

se*x ?
ha ha
rolleye.gif

If she said no, chances are she'd become your ex real quick.

Gee, thanks for all the help guys... :(

Grminalac

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
This is without a doubt the easiest and sneaky way to propose, and to sort of know the answer before actually doing so. All the materials you need are
1. A cheap piece of funny jewelry. I.e. a rhinestone bunny face pin.
2. A fancy jewelry box.
3. A real nice diamond ring.
4. Flowers

This is what i did, I didn't do it actually to be sneaky or to fond out beforehand but just for a few laughs. In my case she picked out the ring and stuff beforehand so it really wasn't much of a surprise when I gave her the ring. Basically you meet up with her give her flowers, take her to a nice dinner and then after the meal over some coffe pull out the bunny pin in the fancy box and hand it to her. She will automatically assume it is an engagement ring and that you are going to ask for her hand in marriage. At this point you will know the answer. If she gets excited and rips the damn thing open and then gets royally pissed, the answer is yes. However, if she acts uneasy and hesitates and then is relieved to find the bunny pin then you know the answer is no. Either way you didn't actually ask her to marry you. At this point if the answer was "yes". You pull out the nice big diamond and give that to her, not only will she be happy, but she will get a laugh out of your little joke and remember that damn pin forever. On the flip side if you deduce the answer was no. You do not pull out the real ring and just have a few laughs over the prospects of marriage. (saving your skin)
Just a few thoughts...

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you're so unsure about your relationship that you don't know if she'd say yes if you asked her to marry you, I'd say you shouldn't propose.

When I proposed to my now ex-wife, I knew she was going to say yes.

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
Does anyone else here think that the best way to propose is to do it in front of a large crowd, like at a sporting event or something? Has any woman ever said no to that? They almost can't say no, or else they'd risk looking like a real jerk in front of all those people.

Pundit

Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: dirtboy
If you're so unsure about your relationship that you don't know if she'd say yes if you asked her to marry you, I'd say you shouldn't propose.

When I proposed to my now ex-wife, I knew she was going to say yes.
Actually, she has been asking me, "So when are you gonna ask me? I'll say yes." for the last two years.

Grminalac, that was interesting. But she'd probably see through it.

Does anyone else here think that the best way to propose is to do it in front of a large crowd, like at a sporting event or something? Has any woman ever said no to that? They almost can't say no, or else they'd risk looking like a real jerk in front of all those people.
It's nice, but I'd rather it be a private moment.

juiio

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Dudd

I think that is the worst. I think it puts the woman in an uncomfortable situation where she's pressured to do only one thing. If she is the right women for you, you shouldn't have to "force" her to say yes.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
In my experience it's best to wait till after the baby is born, when they're worn out from labor and scared sh!tless at the prospect of raising the child alone they're an easy mark. :)

Pundit

Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: djheater
In my experience it's best to wait till after the baby is born, when they're worn out from labor and scared sh!tless at the prospect of raising the child alone they're an easy mark. :)
djheater, I like your idea best. I'll get right to work on it. ;)

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: djheater

ROTFLOL !!! For some reason this cracked me up

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Thanks. I don't know if you should take direction from me though.

Both our families had been harassing us to get married so when we finally did I convinced my wife we should do it in secret... :) I still refuse to show them any documentation of it and they're not really sure if we're married or not. :)

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Yeah if there is ANY mystery in what the answer might be, then there is a problem somewhere....so don't ask.

It aint a hollywood movie.

Pundit

Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Ferocious
Yeah if there is ANY mystery in what the answer might be, then there is a problem somewhere....so don't ask.

It aint a hollywood movie.
Like I mentioned earlier, she's been telling me to ask her and telling me that the answer is going to be yes. Nowhere did I say that I'm unsure.

I just need suggestions people! So far I only got two. Is everyone else single here?!

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Is everyone else single here?!

Mostly... Although, my gilfriend has been trying to get me to ask her to marry me for a while now, too. I'm not getting married till I finish college.

Grminalac

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
Well i was engaged until about 6 months ago, but the company i worked for sent me to L.A. and that prompted us deciding to end it. We spilit up on pretty good terms. She wanted to move out with me, but to be honest we didn't get along all that well, and I was kind of holding her back from going to college, and she was very jealous. She was 21 and pushing back and back going to school because she didn't want to move away from me (which was foolish) Actually it was the best thing I have ever done. i miss her occasionally, but the 6 day romp through LAs Vegas I took about a month ago wouldn't have occured if i wasn't single and the way i see it; i'd like to appreciate my youth before "starting a family"