How did you do in the market the last two days?

juiio

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2000
The media likes to blame drops in the market on anything and the election is no different.

I lost about 8% yesterday but gained about half of that back today.

littlelilith

Jul 15, 2000
I don't actually have stocks, but for my econ class we have to 'pretend' like we buy stocks and keep a portfolio and such.. and my stocks all went up yesterday (anywhere from 1/4 a point to 6 points each), save for one (which only went down about 1/16).. :)

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
About the same, down then up.

This election is affecting the market, not in who is going to be elected but when. Unknowns are bad. If this goes on too long then it will become moot and the market will go on.

geoff2k

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2000
I've been down both yesterday and today. Hopefully it will pick back up soon. :-(

Gotta agree with TBM: the markets don't like uncertainty, especially for something as important as who the next president of the US will be. Heard a quote on NPR this morning that said that most analyst think that Bush would be better for the economy than Gore (they didn't go into details on this), but IMO *any* more stability than we have now would be good for stocks.

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
You gained 4% today? The market took a major bath today--all indexes were down with heavy volume. You must have some lucky picks to have had a net gain!

Personally, I am afraid to look at my portfolio lately... I don't feel like crying.

l2c

Edit: Whoops--your post was from yesterday.

juiio

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2000
Ugh today sucked. Oh well, there are some good bargains now that almost everything took a dump.

denali

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I have been doing good, the election turmoil has help me since I have been shorting the major indices. Also I have made money on the dollars weakness making the euro stronger.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
My investments are down both days. Glad I got about 30% in cash and bonds. I don't trade much, just rying to ride out the storm. Guess I should do some buying but not really sure what.