How did the right get it so wrong? CA booming instead of dooming!

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Yeah nothing says 3rd world shithole like people flocking to your area from all over lol you halfwit imbecile.
and how'd texas voted in the last few presidential elections? getting bluer...

and cruz vs. beto was awfully close. wouldn't be shocked if it flipped in 2024 or 2030.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Yeah nothing says 3rd world shithole like people flocking to your area from all over lol you halfwit imbecile.
Lots of people in the Pac NW back in the 80s and 90s used to think just like you do. They believed that the big California exodus back then was angry people fleeing California taxes and liberal politics. And those people were completely wrong. They weren't fleeing anything. They were flocking to the next best real estate buying opportunity. And they brought their liberal politics with them.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I see you ignored what I posted about your so called growth rate in Texas.. the majority is from asian/china imagination and births... Translation: has nothing to do with Texas not being a shithole state, or anything related to the rest of the country. But keep on being stupid.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
California is booming in a lot of ways. One of those ways is booming housing prices/rent prices. Those things are awesome for people who own homes or rental properties. Admittedly, I own a house in CA and I love that my equity has skyrocketed. That feels good. But what doesn't feel good is that I feel like CA is broken for those who don't already have these things. It's the ultimate "fuck you got mine" type of situation. Combine that with skyrocketing rents and renters in CA are forced to spend greater and greater portions of their income just for a place to live. This "fuck you got mine" situation can be considered "booming instead of dooming", but only by the haves. The have nots may be permanently locked out of enjoying this boom or ever even taking part in homeownership.

Reactions: fskimospy

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
California is booming in a lot of ways. One of those ways is booming housing prices/rent prices. Those things are awesome for people who own homes or rental properties. Admittedly, I own a house in CA and I love that my equity has skyrocketed. That feels good. But what doesn't feel good is that I feel like CA is broken for those who don't already have these things. It's the ultimate "fuck you got mine" type of situation. Combine that with skyrocketing rents and renters in CA are forced to spend greater and greater portions of their income just for a place to live. This "fuck you got mine" situation can be considered "booming instead of dooming", but only by the haves. The have nots may be permanently locked out of enjoying this boom or ever even taking part in homeownership.

The solution is to permit more and denser housing. Or the highest and best use, as they say.

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
I see you ignored what I posted about your so called growth rate in Texas.. the majority is from asian/china imagination and births... Translation: has nothing to do with Texas not being a shithole state, or anything related to the rest of the country. But keep on being stupid.

Morons will always be morons and think that just because they leave let's say New Jersey and moved to Texas because of their jobs that the suitcase full of sock puppets they bring with them count as extra conservative voices and votes. Nope. Just one very pathetic, low energy, BETA poster's cries for attention. Texas is turning blue. No amount of suppression will change that. Time for the conservative Texas snowflakes to find a new shithole.

Reactions: hal2kilo

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lots of people in the Pac NW back in the 80s and 90s used to think just like you do. They believed that the big California exodus back then was angry people fleeing California taxes and liberal politics. And those people were completely wrong. They weren't fleeing anything. They were flocking to the next best real estate buying opportunity. And they brought their liberal politics with them.
I always wondered how Portland was such a liberal place in a fairly conservative state. If you go into rural Oregon, things go bad really fast. You made a good point, too. Austin is still dead cheap, as are the nicer areas of Dallas, Houston, and the other regions with great property fronts. In line with what I said earlier. I have a little laugh now and then when red state governors welcome the so-called 'exodus' not realizing they're allowing their state's political dynamic to change.