How did 12 Dallas cops get shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Nearly every single fact that the Dallas police were originally claiming about this incident turned out to be wrong. Tragically so. There were no multiple coordinated shooters. There was one guy with a rifle, a handgun and a ballistic vest. There were no snipers with elevated positions. It appears most of the shootings happened with the man on the ground, out on the sidewalk walking around in plain site.

The guy got out of his car and calmly started randomly shooting to get attention. And then he waited for the police to show up. Which they did by the hundreds. And he slaughtered them. They seemingly had no idea what to do and just walked into the teeth of the assault. An assault perpetrated by a single gunman. They wounded him, but he just ran around to the other side of building like he owned it, eventually gaining access.

Crazy. Now we'll hear about all the guns he had at home. The manifestos. How he was a trained killer who had a detailed plan. We'll be hearing excuses for years.

I'm pretty sure there's a thread all about this shooting already active in P&N here . You can post all your conjecture there.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Dont blame the police for actions of a lone Black man with a gun. The gunmen should be charged with an act of terrorism. Send him to Guantanamo.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
They committed a classic mistake from the movies, attacked him one at a time instead of all at once.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
What ever happened clearing the area setting up a secure perimeter, hanging back and trying to get control of the situation? Or am I way out of line here?

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Where's your resource for the timeline? I haven't seen anything that detailed.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
A trained military veteran with armor and plenty of firepower can easily shoot that many police officers in a protest situation.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
A lot of the officers were DART officers on OT for the event.

So they were transit cops...

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
A trained military veteran with armor and plenty of firepower can easily shoot that many police officers in a protest situation.

Exactly.

People, read and understand it. A trained military veteran.

Did you SEE the video of the officer unloading his clip into the guy? The officer lost his life. Then a freaking hail of gunfire blasted the attacker leaving a cloud of smoke on the wall behind him. Again, he walks away. They unloaded on him with multiple guns, and he walked away.

A trained military veteran with armor and plenty of firepower. You're lucky there weren't more innocent people shot.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Sorry, that explanation doesn't cut it.

He wasn't shooting unaware bystanders. He was shooting trained police officers who were engaging an armed assailant.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Where did you find that timeline information?

I don't see it anywhere

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Sorry, that explanation doesn't cut it.

He wasn't shooting unaware bystanders. He was shooting trained police officers who were engaging an armed assailant.

Most of them aren't swat.
Moreover, they were AMBUSHED while standing around and lined up in the open. That street was a shooting gallery. It was their weapons and training that stopped 30-50 people from dying in that spot.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
What ever happened clearing the area setting up a secure perimeter, hanging back and trying to get control of the situation? Or am I way out of line here?
Not at all!

Exactly like all the rest of us experts on this sort of thing, we all get our vast knowledge on how to handle such situations...

...from Hollywood.

Now, as for your Lethal Weapon method, while practical, it wasn't the solution.

Others have suggested the Rush Hour 2 technique, the RoboCop maneuver, and the ever popular Bad Boys method.

What needed to happen: they needed to pull that ONE COP out of retirement- that loose cannon that has a problem with authority, but an even bigger problem with lawbreakers. ONLY that cop, with his gun and badge handed back to him, could have handled this situation. Unfortunately, the cops learned this lesson the Hard Way, With A Vengeance.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Most of them aren't swat.
Moreover, they were AMBUSHED while standing around and lined up in the open. That street was a shooting gallery. It was their weapons and training that stopped 30-50 people from dying in that spot.

They were not standing around. The attacker parked on a nearly deserted street about three blocks from where the protest ended and the police came to him.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Not at all!

Exactly like all the rest of us experts on this sort of thing, we all get our vast knowledge on how to handle such situations...

...from Hollywood.

Now, as for your Lethal Weapon method, while practical, it wasn't the solution.

Others have suggested the Rush Hour 2 technique, the RoboCop maneuver, and the ever popular Bad Boys method.

What needed to happen: they needed to pull that ONE COP out of retirement- that loose cannon that has a problem with authority, but an even bigger problem with lawbreakers. ONLY that cop, with his gun and badge handed back to him, could have handled this situation. Unfortunately, the cops learned this lesson the Hard Way, With A Vengeance.

Many people on this forum are former military, your whole post just sounds lame, of course. Anyone with an automatic rifle can move up on a large crowd of people and with even the slightest training can do massive damage.

He was being selective about it, or it would have been worse.

Last edited:

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Where did you find that timeline information?

I don't see it anywhere

I'm going by the videos and the accounts of the witnesses who took the videos, and from examining the area and the buildings on Google Maps. I think it's pretty accurate, although I wouldn't call it very detailed.

He parked his SUV on North Lamar Street, a half block off the parade route that had gone down Main Street. This was just as the parade was ending, or shortly after. The parade route ended on Commerce Street, about two blocks west and a block south of his location. That's where many of the cops were when the shooting began. And it may explain why so many cars and police congregated at the intersection of Lamar and Main and why there were very few on the other side of the building.

Lamar Street was all but deserted and he even put on his emergency blinkers, for whatever reason. Witnesses say he got out of the car and began shooting randomly. There are at least two videos taken from balconies (from what must be the Crowne Plaza Hotel). These are the ones showing him killing the cop at very close quarters. In those videos, he's still within 25 feet of his parked vehicle when the police show up. He's eventually flushed from that position and one video shows him run around the northeast corner of the building onto the Elm Street side. I'm guessing it was from Elm that he gained access to the building.

That's another thing I don't get - they kept claiming that the shooter was in a parking garage during the standoff. The building around and in which all of this took place is part of El Centro College and doesn't appear to contain a parking garage. There's a parking garage across the street to the south, but I've seen several videos taken from there that showed it full of both police and bystanders, so there's almost no way he ended up there.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Don't worry guys. Carson is a pro at Call of Duty and knows EXACTLY what should have happened.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.7797969,-96.8051659,18z?hl=en

Most of the videos show the shooter on the east side of the El Centro College building, on N Lamar Street, near the northeast corner of the building by Elm Street.

The poor cop who was executed at point blank range probably came around the corner of the building from Elm and was surprised to find himself just feet from the shooter.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
You have to ask questions, learn, and hope that you've learned enough that this never happens again. I can't even imagine how many would have been killed if this really had been a coordinated attack by multiple shooters from positions above the street. Too goddamned many people died.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
LOL

the OP is trolling all of you.

just stop responding to him and he will go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.