how crazy is this idea

joeyd

Jun 7, 2000
Well I'm sitting on my floor and I'm looking at my computer and see my chip hammering away at rc5.... and my video card just sitting there and i say to my self .... hmmm radeon t@l unit.... just sitting there... doing nothing since no games use it... rc5??? just a crazy thought and was wondering if it is possible to get it to work on the tnl chips on the geforce and radeon ... also does anyone have a windows ce version of rc5 ?

Sinner

Sep 28, 2000

General consensus is that a PDA can't dissipate the heat generated by all that RC5 cracking.

They aren't meant to run at full 100% CPU usage for any length of time.

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
I remember a thread about that... seems the consensus of opinion was that the 200 Kkeys/sec or so wouldn't outweigh the hassle, or the risk of frying a high-end video card. But I could be wrong...

joeyd

Jun 7, 2000
shesh i have to stop chasing the girls and start reading the board more often , sorry about bringing something up that was already said.... they would really offer that little ? well thank you all for responding i searched through the forum and read the orginal post... btw does anyone have a windows ce client....

Kilowatt

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
The price you would pay for a PDA, you could setup a fast Duron node and get a lot better keyrate.

Sinner

Sep 28, 2000

I think that, like me, he already has the PDA. I have 3 of them that don't get used overnight and I considered running RC5 under WinCE. It doesn't seem practical though.