How could anyone kill his baby son? (edit) the bastard made bail

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Originally posted by: ZaneNBK
Originally posted by: nan0bug
i call bullsh!t. I want a news arcticle link or something.

It's IS pretty freaking unbelievable. I hope this is bullshit. I mean, consider the facts presented:

1 - Father beats 3 month old to death.
2 - Judge set bail at a lowly $10,000.
3 - Step-father puts up family farm for bail for a step-son that just (allegedly *cough*) beat his step-grandson to death.
4 - Wife is still with the person that just brutally beat her 3 month old son to death.

Apparently I'm not the only one who thought it was unbelievable.

Pity party in three.. two....

Flatline

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2001
No you're not the only one...I myself think it's pretty fvcking unbelievable. It did make a large difference for me that
1. He only posted that after you brought it up
2. The last line of his post (which you omitted from your last post) said that he is truly sorry if it happened, which it did.

And there is no excuse whatsoever for you saying that it is a lesson for people like you not to reproduce.

imported_Papi

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2002
That is the most disgusting thing I've ever bloody well heard of.

Why did he beat a 3 month old, I'm very curious to know.

Edit - I can't type and eat

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Theres no excuse whatsoever for you to go off and say I should rot in hell because I initally thought it was BS. Sorry I wasn't more detailed in saying why I thought it was unbelievable. Maybe I should have chosen another word besides 'BS'.. that still doesn't mean because you're 'grieving' you get the right to flip out on me.

Flatline

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2001
I reiterate what I said in my earlier post...the fact that you insinuated that I could and would make a story like that up just for fun is more than reason enough.

Flatline

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2001
They must've raised the bail at the bond hearing then. I haven't spoken to my mom yet today, so I haven't heard. I'm not sure if that's a misprint or if someone in the family was misinformed.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
nan0bug, your insensitive attitude isn't appreciated.

stuff like this isn't something you joke about. just don't post if you don't care, you don't have to say sh!t like this to people

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Theres no excuse whatsoever for you to go off and say I should rot in hell because I initally thought it was BS. Sorry I wasn't more detailed in saying why I thought it was unbelievable. Maybe I should have chosen another word besides 'BS'.. that still doesn't mean because you're 'grieving' you get the right to flip out on me.

Sure there is. His baby cousin just died and you said he was making it up. Please, remove your head from your ass.

Flatline

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2001
Does anyone actually know how the whole bail and bond-hearing thing works? I have never been arrested or had to bail someone out, so I'm pretty much at a loss on the procedure. The initial bail (I was told) was set at $10,000 but the story says $100,000; like I said before, I don't know if it's a misprint or misinformation in the family. I've also heard some mention of a "bond-hearing" where the judge could raise, lower, or suspend the bail; if anyone knows how the system works, I'd appreciate some input.

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Fausto1
Link to story at KSDK TV.

FWIW- Story says bond is $100,000 and that Butler's still in jail. :confused:

So it was bullsh!t. The boy got killed, but the bail was more reasonable and the guy is still in jail. Usually when you have bail set you call a bail bondsman, who will place a lein on your belongings and loan you up to like 85 or 90% of the bail. That's probbably where you got the 10k figure from.

Thats why I called bullsh!t. 10% of 10k bail = $1000 for killing an infant. It didn't add up to me.

Sorry about your cousin.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

So it was bullshit. The boy got killed, but the bail was more reasonable and the guy is still in jail.

SHUT THE FVCK UP! He already said he hasn't talked to his mom since yesterday. He is not a fvcking reporter.

I don't think Nan0bug was asking too much when he requested a news article. He has every right to withhold an opinion or sympathy until the story is independently verified. One of the weaknesses I notice on the 'net is the tendency to trust too much . . . which is fine, except those who are sceptical and raise questions get "flamed". There's no way a story such as presented to us would not make local news at least. And local news stations usually have websites. (Now I know it's been verified.)

In any case, I sincerely sympathise with the loss of your relative. It's heartbreaking. However, I refuse to assume the guilt of the accused until he has been given due process and convicted. There may be mitigating circumstances too that would shed a different light. Perhaps it would be better if you made the assumption of guilt a different thread and then the death of the baby another thread. The way you have it now rather makes the guilt of the accused the main subject and the life of the baby an insignificant subject.

Basically, it is a horrific thing that happened. I do hope that the judicial system prevails. But I will not utter anything until I see evidence presented and see if he pleads guilty. I commend his wife for sticking by him. Until he's found guilty and she has personal conviction of his guilt, I do not see why she should abandon him considering the vows she makes to him (I suppose they are married). You said "beaten the baby to death", but the news gives a different note. . . . It speaks of internal injuries and skull fractures. Beating to death would seem obvious externally, but this report leaves me wondering what exactly the polic suspects happened.

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Millennium

So it was bullshit. The boy got killed, but the bail was more reasonable and the guy is still in jail.

SHUT THE FVCK UP! He already said he hasn't talked to his mom since yesterday. He is not a fvcking reporter.

Read my edit, and stop swingin off my nutsack.

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001

So it was bullsh!t. The boy got killed, but the bail was more reasonable and the guy is still in jail. Usually when you have bail set you call a bail bondsman, who will place a lein on your belongings and loan you up to like 85 or 90% of the bail. That's probbably where you got the 10k figure from.

Thats why I called bullsh!t. 10% of 10k bail = $1000 for killing an infant. It didn't add up to me.

Sorry about your cousin.

seriously, just stop posting and leave the thread

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Sorry about your cousin.

SHUT THE FCK UP

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Millennium

Read my edit, and stop swingin off my nutsack.

SHUT THE FVCK UP!

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Originally posted by: MaxDSP

Sorry about your cousin.

seriously, just stop posting and leave the thread

Seriously, I'm not going to stop posting in this thread. I called bullshit because of the bail amount. It turned out I was right. I don't want an award, I'm just explaining my motivation. I've had 100k bail set for a lot less than killing an infant, so when he said 10k bail for killing an infant, I called bullshit, and asked for a news link.

You guys all need to either quit being so friggin sensitive or quit posting on the internet. This isn't a real world episode and I'm not gonna play the sensitive dramatic douchebag role.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Flatline
So you only have to raise 10% immediately...that explains why my mom told me $10K

Exactly, but nan0bug is too dense to understand that someone COULD EVER make a mistake when they are going through an emotional time. God created him perfect.

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Flatline
So you only have to raise 10% immediately...that explains why my mom told me $10K

Correct. Now do you see why I said bullshit?

Sorry for saying you shouldn't reproduce. Knee jerk reaction to being told I should rot in hell. :beer: for you.

Flatline

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2001
Luvly, I can respect your stance on the matter. The police called for the autopsy because the injuries immediately looked suspicious, partially because of the extent of the injuries. The doctor said that there was no chance that the injuries were inflicted accidentally and that they seemed to come from a sustained beating. The husband was alone with the child for several hours after picking him up from day care (the child was fine when he was picked up).
I am usually a big believer in due process, etc. but this is about as open-and-shut as you get; of course, I'm also emotionally involved for obvious reasons.

Nan0bug, ignore the insults. You have every reason to question the story as presented, especially when it assumes the guilt of the accused.

Sorry, Flatline, but I think it's a bad idea to make the subject the presumption of one's guilt. You open room for the loss of your relative to be forgotten. Don't assume someone's guilt and expect everyone else to accept it without evidence presented. This man's trial has not even begun!