how common is hacking in classic bnet(wc3 ft)? what kind of hacks?

Naer

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2013
played this guy and he seemed to have excess resources. I don't know how he possibly could have put up so many spirit towers and had enough for undead units. He did expo early, but i still was not sure. so?

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
You lost because some guy's APM is ridiculous, so it had to have been cheating.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I played WC3 extensively back in the days.

Bnet is controlled very well. I hardly doubt any kind of blatant cheats exist because most of the gameplay info is sent from server-side.

There aren't any resource hacks, I'm sure. It's near impossible. Only maphacks exist which exploits the client-side data.

To be frank, lots of people on ATOT aren't good at competitive RTS- older demographics + even an older game.

It's possible you just aren't good and he just outplayed/macro/micro'd you- especially if you don't have a good grasp of the game where you're not 'sure' if he's hacking. He probably had a third expansion somewhere.

Why don't you watch the replay?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Bnet for classic games in the RTS genre don't have that many floating around because there's really no point. Bnet for Diablo 2, on the other hand, is a different story.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Heck, you can post the replay file and we can watch it.
Love some W3 TFT :)

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
I just got a copy of SC2 this weekend, played SC like ten years ago but either this has gotten a lot harder or I'm getting old. Even just playing through the campaign is painful at times. Watched a couple of 'pro' level pvp games on YouTube, those guys are scary.

Naer

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2013
I'm not that bad. more wins than losses as you can see here. ranked top player #1027 solo

j9YW9Qf.jpg

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
I just got a copy of SC2 this weekend, played SC like ten years ago but either this has gotten a lot harder or I'm getting old. Even just playing through the campaign is painful at times. Watched a couple of 'pro' level pvp games on YouTube, those guys are scary.

The key to StarCraft games is to have an almost scripted start with a few variations. It's also important to send in early units on smaller maps, because you can get a massive head start if you ignore early military building. You need to attack to keep them honest.

A good reason why the pro level guys are good is simply having a rehearsed start. You can learn to build relatively fast as well, if you spend the time to learn how to.

It's most likely the reason he was overwhelmed early, is simply that he did not build enough resource gatherers. WC and SC are more about resource gathering than micromanagement.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
WC3 has had both disconnect hacks (DOS mods) and Map Hacks, just like Starcraft. Resource hacks are impossible.

People map hacking in WC3 tend to load towards tower rushing strategies.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I'm not that bad. more wins than losses as you can see here. ranked top player #1027 solo

j9YW9Qf.jpg

Sooooo why don't you watch the replay to see if he was hacking or not? I'm curious now because resource hack on bnet should be impossible.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
You're probably just slower than you think, or he expanded earlier than you think. Also he could have been using his units more efficiently so you thought he was producing more than he really had.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
im lost in how the OP has played 387 games, yet he didnt think of viewing replay to see if his opponent was hacking or not.

I am fairly sure that would of answered his question from the beginning.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
WC3 custom games were fun for many years, making WC3 one of the best bang for your buck purchases I ever made

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
WC3 custom games were fun for many years, making WC3 one of the best bang for your buck purchases I ever made

Absolutely. WC3 is where Dota is born.

Now Valve's own Dota 2 (which is not really a sequel, but a full-blown Dota 1 port with full features) is absolutely amazing.

Dota 2's custom game scene is thriving... it now has popular WC3 custom games (ROFL)- all the popular tower defenses, angel arena, etc.

Hammer.jpg

Some folks are wanting to make Warcraft 3 ladder games inside Dota 2.

Now that is hilarious.

I suggest all of you to go play. It's 100% free to play- all heroes, unlike League of Legends.

Last edited: