How come we haven't done our own anti-China/pro Hong Kong publicity stunt yet?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
If I learned anything by reading Reddit for the past few weeks, it's that we need to post more anti Chinese and pro Hong Kong protestor propaganda here to attract millennial viewers to this site. You know, the folks who will view this site on mobile without an Adblocker, and help bring in all that tasty ad revenue!

How do you think that ATOT should try to cash in on this trend? Personally, I think that we need something uniquely Anandtech to add to the cause, like having Mayne post a picture holding a giant blunt in one hand and a Hong Kong flag in another. Even better yet, maybe we post a picture of Cheez next to his tent with an umbrella and a gas mask!

Anyway, I'm sure that you guys can think of something even better. I want to give out Free Coolcoin to the person who comes up with the coolest idea! Viva La Revolution!

Last edited:

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
I think it's because Anandtech is owned by Communist Chinese entities now. I presume this thread will disappear and my organs will be removed and sold on the black market shortly thereafter...

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I think it's because Anandtech is owned by Communist Chinese entities now. I presume this thread will disappear and my organs will be removed and sold on the black market shortly thereafter...

I thought that Anandtech was owned by a UK company now. They would probably approve of us sticking up for their one of their former colonies!

Anyway, here is a low effort post to show an example of something that is NOT Coolcoin worthy. Do better than this if you want to win!

yesniknkfreedomedition.jpg

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Because, most people just don't really care? Yes, there's the typical "outrage flavor of the week," but soon enough, the wind will blow in a different direction...and the HK'ers will be just a distant memory.

Did ANYONE not expect Red China to crack down on Hong Kong after they were "repatriated" to China from GB?

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I made a post a while back about a strange Huawei/China propaganda puff piece on the front page of anandtech.com. Nobody cared. It's probably time to just resign to our new Chinese overlords. Freedom is only for those who will bother to fight for it.

I think a lot of people that wanted Kaepernick railroaded out of the NFL and are now upset that the NBA isn't supporting Daryl Morey may have some conflicting view points to think over though.

someone16

Dec 18, 2003
All you'll get is people spamming FREE HONG KONG on every single thread, no matter if it has anything to do with it or not.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Steve Kerr, Popovich, Lebron - are all bitches. NBA & Nike deserves to be boycotted by Americans for their quest for profits over human rights.

We stand with Hong Kong.

Sgt. York

Mar 27, 2016
Steve Kerr, Popovich, Lebron - are all bitches. NBA & Nike deserves to be boycotted by Americans for their quest for profits over human rights.

We stand with Hong Kong.

That's laughable. If China wants Hong Kong, they will send in the troops and take it. Do you honestly think the US of A will go to war with China over Hong Kong? The most we would do is place sanctions on them and that wouldn't last long.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
That's laughable. If China wants Hong Kong, they will send in the troops and take it. Do you honestly think the US of A will go to war with China over Hong Kong? The most we would do is place sanctions on them and that wouldn't last long.

Thoughts & prayers

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I made a post a while back about a strange Huawei/China propaganda puff piece on the front page of anandtech.com. Nobody cared. It's probably time to just resign to our new Chinese overlords. Freedom is only for those who will bother to fight for it.
And what were we supposed to do? Hold our breath till they took it down? Boycott AnandTech/AnandTech forums?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'm disappointed by the number of images so far. Maybe I need to hire a Russian troll army to help out?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Obviosly offer free coolnoins to every new account established because of the pro-HK thread (used for FP), and after posting 10 total comments within ATOT, across at least 2 threads.

Dude, this will totally work. Millenials love those cyber coin things.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I thought I was he only one that ever secretly escaped from Old's basement...and I sure as shit didn't tell you this!

hmmmmm

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I thought I was he only one that ever secretly escaped from Old's basement...and I sure as shit didn't tell you this!

hmmmmm

If only Olds hadn't removed what brains you had before you escaped...

(I didn't have that problem...none to remove)

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Obviosly offer free coolnoins to every new account established because of the pro-HK thread (used for FP), and after posting 10 total comments within ATOT, across at least 2 threads.

Dude, this will totally work. Millenials love those cyber coin things.

Well.... they loved them in 2017, anyway. I think that they've caught onto the worthless of these things by now, though.

Oh, wait. That doesn't sound good.

...And, of course, by "these things" I'm not referencing Coolcoin in the slightest! Get 1,000 of them, and earn yourself a t-shirt today!

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Fuck those Chinese commie bastards. If we let them they will do the same thing to the citizens of Hong Kong that they did to their own people at Tiananmen Square.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Chinese President Xi Jinping warned on Sunday that any attempt to divide China would be crushed, as four months of anti-government protests continue in Hong Kong and the United States ramps up criticism over Beijing's treatment of Muslim-minority groups.

"Anyone attempting to split China in any part of the country will end in crushed bodies and shattered bones," he said during a visit to Nepal on Sunday, according to China's state broadcaster CGTN.

I don't like the way things are going over there, but did anyone really think this was not going to happen? They are going by the treaty that was agreed to.

I know these people want freedom, but I think the odds are pretty small right now unless the entire free world brings pressure on China. Not war, economic pressure.

Nov 8, 2012
I thought millennials were all about anti-democracy anyhow because you know... grass is always greener, voting and having a say in your government isn't cool anymore, etc.. etc...

Anyhow I just love the irony of these woke companies defending things like gay marriage are all of a sudden in favor of an oppressive government (That are INCREDIBLY against womens rights AND gays) when someone pulls out a dollar bill.