how come they don't make all sea vessels boat/submarine

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Your figures are a wee bit off there big guy.

A new Virginia-class submarine costs $2.7bil per unit for FY2014. A new Gerald Ford-class aircraft carrier costs $11.3bil per unit for FY2014.

Now, while by no means are submarines cheap, aircraft carriers are vastly more expensive to construction AND operate.

OMG that went so above your head God is crying.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Forget that, I want a flying submarine. Sea View had a flying submarine, I want a flying submarine. :mad:

All submarines fly. It's just flying underwater. They can also hover like a helicopter.

Poop! This is a necro thread.

Last edited:

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
So how come naval ships don't have

windows below the top deck? The hulls aren't built to stop penetration anymore so why no windows?

Because waves have enough force to shatter windows.

JadedGrippingGallinule.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: Zanovar

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Looks like it would be fun to be on that boat, for about an hour, then I'd want to be on solid ground. haha. Got to give kudos to people that spend months at sea like that.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Looks like it would be fun to be on that boat, for about an hour, then I'd want to be on solid ground. haha. Got to give kudos to people that spend months at sea like that.

About a few minutes in that you would be praying to the Porcelain Toilet Gods. LOL

If anyone has ever been in the Northern Atlantic in a storm knows what I mean.

Reactions: Zanovar