how come there is no NAAWP for white people?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
How come they have black colleges? LOL

actually while you are trying to be sarcastic

/this.

Personally I feel if we continue to have groups like this we will continue to have racism. The op is a good example.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

/this.

Personally I feel if we continue to have groups like this we will continue to have racism. The op is a good example.
So you think that if we get rid of "groups like this" we will no longer have racism?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
So you think that if we get rid of "groups like this" we will no longer have racism?

now did i say that? no.

I do think having special groups like that foster and encourage racism and can foster a negative self image.

It throws off a image of we are victims and always will be. That they need special laws. groups, etc. This Gives groups like the KKK a feeling of superiority when there shouldn't be any. it lets them tell others "look blacks need a school with lower standards (wich i know it does not) and help just to succede in college" and other bullshit.

Also the KKK and its type will continue to point out BET, Black colleges, NCAAP etc as why they are needed.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
now did i say that? no.

I do think having special groups like that foster and encourage racism and can foster a negative self image.

It throws off a image of we are victims and always will be. That they need special laws. groups, etc. This Gives groups like the KKK a feeling of superiority when there shouldn't be any. it lets them tell others "look blacks need a school with lower standards (wich i know it does not) and help just to succede in college" and other bullshit.

Also the KKK and its type will continue to point out BET, Black colleges, NCAAP etc as why they are needed.

How can you end racism so long as people continue to obsess over categorizing people as belonging to a certain race?

I mean do people with brown eyes of blue eyes have higher standardized tests scores?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
now did i say that? no.
No, but it seemed that you were implying it, which is why I asked. I'm glad you realize that getting rid of those groups will not stamp out racism.

Nobody cares what the KKK thinks or does, or why they think or do it. The KKK will still think they are superior and will probably take credit for getting rid of the groups, a la Trump and the long form fiasco.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Nobody cares what the KKK thinks or does, or why they think or do it. The KKK will still think they are superior and will probably take credit for getting rid of the groups, a la Trump and the long form fiasco.

Trouble is people do care what groups like the KKK think.

How can you end racism so long as people continue to obsess over categorizing people as belonging to a certain race?

I mean do people with brown eyes of blue eyes have higher standardized tests scores?

agreed. That is pretty much my thought

lol though i'm not doing a good job of explaining myself.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
damn, I am so fucking oppressed. Holy shit, I hate being white--the world is against me!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If Black people have a lobby looking out for their interests, it does not seem to make sense that White people do not have on to look out for themselves as well.

The White person lobby? It is Congress you dodo. the purpose of lobbyists is to establish a representative voice that may not be heard from x group.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Trouble is people do care what groups like the KKK think.

agreed. That is pretty much my thought

lol though i'm not doing a good job of explaining myself.
I understand you just fine. I'm just pointing out that we can't "end racism" and appeals to do so are rooted in ignorance. All we can do is shine a light on the ignorance behind the racism.

Apr 27, 2012
damn, I am so fucking oppressed. Holy shit, I hate being white--the world is against me!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Actually right now it is acceptable to make fun of whites and attack them but not acceptable to do it to minorities. Minorities do face racism but the government favors them more than whites.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Personally I feel if we continue to have groups like this we will continue to have racism.

Hiding the minority's complaints of racism does not end racism, it just adds another privilege to the majority -- the privilege of ideologically unopposed self-promotion.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Keep spreading more lies. Gotta love the hypocrisy of some people, minorities want their own groups then it's good but if whites want them then it's bad.

you are such an idiot.

do you get upset that women have a history month and men don't?
do you get upset that the blind have an awareness month but those who can see don't?
do you get upset that the disabled have an employment awareness month but those without disabilities don't?

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
you are such an idiot.

do you get upset that women have a history month and men don't?
do you get upset that the blind have an awareness month but those who can see don't?
do you get upset that the disabled have an employment awareness month but those without disabilities don't?

2 of the 3 examples are disabilities, which brings up the question of why you are associating being black or a women with them without specifically addressing the nature of the difference between the disability and the skin tone and/or sex of a person.

If I had to guess I'd say you associate disabilities with people of certain ethnic back rounds or sex, or visa versa.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
If I had to guess I'd say you associate disabilities with people of certain ethnic back rounds or sex, or visa versa.

and you should join the idiots line right behind incorruptible.

do you also get upset that there is a Jewish history month but not a Christian history month?

what you seem to be missing is that of the few random examples i gave, every single one of them has dealt with being oppressed in our society, be it because of their sex, religion, race, or disability.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
Because if you're white and male, then according to mainstream dogma, you have too much privilege already, and your problems are not as important as the problems of other demographic groups.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
and you should join the idiots line right behind incorruptible.

do you also get upset that there is a Jewish history month but not a Christian history month?

what you seem to be missing is that of the few random examples i gave, every single one of them has dealt with being oppressed in our society, be it because of their sex, religion, race, or disability.

No its because liberals think that being a woman or being black is a disability.

For example. Liberals like to throw the idea of white privilege or male privilege. But there is also the idea of "Hearing Privilege". http://www.deafecho.com/2010/12/hearing-privilege/

Now, most people would say that deafness is a disability instead.

So it seems to me that disability and privilege are just 2 different perspectives on the same thing. Talking about whites being privileged is the same as say black people are disabled.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
No its because liberals think that being a woman or being black is a disability.

For example. Liberals like to throw the idea of white privilege or male privilege. But there is also the idea of "Hearing Privilege". http://www.deafecho.com/2010/12/hearing-privilege/

Now, most people would say that deafness is a disability instead.

So it seems to me that disability and privilege are just 2 different perspectives on the same thing. Talking about whites being privileged is the same as say black people are disabled.
That's because in your world you have no concept of supersets or subsets. To you, if all A are B then all B are A.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Actually right now it is acceptable to make fun of whites and attack them but not acceptable to do it to minorities. Minorities do face racism but the government favors them more than whites.

People are racist, it's in our nature. Animals are racist to the same degree--like prefers like and tends to shun that which is not like.

It's pre-wired, it's programmed.

In general, humanity has managed to climb above the most base effects of those instincts, but the claims of unfairness (legitimate and illegitimate) will continue.

Of course, you will always hate brown people for having what you perceive to be greater rights than you (they don't). You spend your days a prisoner to your own fantastical world view that imagined privileges enjoyed by the brown people and the muslims will never be yours to enjoy.

I really have no sympathy for your boundless fantasies that prevent you from being a happy individual.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
People are racist, it's in our nature. Animals are racist to the same degree--like prefers like and tends to shun that which is not like.

It's pre-wired, it's programmed.

In general, humanity has managed to climb above the most base effects of those instincts, but the claims of unfairness (legitimate and illegitimate) will continue.

Of course, you will always hate brown people for having what you perceive to be greater rights than you (they don't). You spend your days a prisoner to your own fantastical world view that imagined privileges enjoyed by the brown people and the muslims will never be yours to enjoy.

I really have no sympathy for your boundless fantasies that prevent you from being a happy individual.

How can people be racist by nature if race is a social construct?:confused:

How would racism naturally evolve? Since the same conditions that created "races" to begin with should also preclude racism from evolving.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Because if you're white and male, then according to mainstream dogma, you have too much privilege already, and your problems are not as important as the problems of other demographic groups.

Yup. When I worked at Pillsbury in Minneapolis, MN, I see a notice posted across the office one day that said : "Because of our ratios not meeting what the company expects for diversity, white males in part time positions will be terminated in 2 weeks to make room for a more diverse workplace."

My position was temporary, and I could get another job easily. So I quit, and went to work for Prudential insurance.

This was in the mid 1990s.

---

When I went to work for Best Buy they made me to go a state office to see if Best Buy could get some sort of tax reimbursement from the government for hiring me in my position. I had to qualify for some program so Best Buy could get some reimbursement (note: I did not get anything from this, but a requirement for employment)... I sat down with the government employee and he said "I'm not going to waste your time. You are a white male and you will not qualify." I filled out the paperwork and was denied like he said.

This was also in the mid 1990s.

---

If you changed white to black, Asian, there would have been uproar. If you changed male to female, transgender or anything, that would have been uproar. But its ok. White males are privileged. So we can deal with it.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012

/this.

Because historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) have been around since some of you were born (and are much older than that). Whites would not let blacks educate themselves alongside white students. They weren't allowed proper learning materials or equipment. Everything that was given to blacks were things that had been used for years by whites, blacks did not receive updated learning materials, nor the respect from whites when it came to being educate.

So, black colleges started to pop up, they have been around for decades, and they aren't going anywhere.

Also, I wish you guys would stop being so fucking dumb. There are many whites who attend these schools with no problem. They are historically black colleges and universities. Not historically exclusive to blacks.

Again, the NAACP and HBCUs are much older than some of you. These institutions aren't just going to shut down because you don't think its fair that they still exist.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
These clowns would rather believe that groups like the NAACP are exclusive to Minorities.

Anybody can join.
Anybody can join, but no matter his or her color they will be helping to advance only those of African descent. Not quite the same thing.

Frankly I'd be surprised if there isn't a NAAUP (National Association for the Advancement of Uncolored People) or the equivalent out there somewhere. It's rather like the Millionaires Benevolent Fund - without a true need, such organizations tend to remain in obscurity at best.