How come the media is not going after Biden they way they are going after Palin?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: IGBT
..obvious to the most casual observer the media is in the tank for the obama.

And obvious to the informed observer they're not.

right... just like ABC is "right-wing" like you attempt to claim in a different thread. What color is the sky in your bizarro world?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

right... just like ABC is "right-wing" like you attempt to claim in a different thread. What color is the sky in your bizarro world?

19635 posts and not yet one actual argument.

Oct 30, 2004

The media is going after Palin because they smell blood. They know she's a brainless religious nutjob and they want to expose that.

Feb 10, 2000
This is a really stupid troll thread, with all due respect to ProfJohn. I fail to see how the career choice of one of Biden's sons can or should have any bearing on Obama or his campaign. Another of Biden's sons is on his way to Iraq in a few weeks, but I don't really see that that is relevant to Obama's fitness to serve either. This kind of faux outrage from the right is just transparently silly and tiresome.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

bwahahahahaha. If you were to poll people in the main stream media, and they would give honest answers, the reality is that 80% of them would be big time Obama supporters. That's just how it is, journalists tend to be liberal. That's exactly what got fox started, conservatives wanted an answer to all the liberals in the regular media, and they got it. Unfortunately fox morphed into a right-wing idiot fest, but that's for another thread.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Don Vito Corleone
This is a really stupid troll thread, with all due respect to ProfJohn. I fail to see how the career choice of one of Biden's sons can or should have any bearing on Obama or his campaign. Another of Biden's sons is on his way to Iraq in a few weeks, but I don't really see that that is relevant to Obama's fitness to serve either. This kind of faux outrage from the right is just transparently silly and tiresome.

On the contrary, I think the fact that Biden has a kid heading to Iraq is a plus. It means that unlike most who so carelessly make decisions about war (Bush, Cheney etc), he has an actual stake in the game. I rather like that idea, at least it makes them pause for a second before doing stupid things.

The career choice of Biden's kids is a non-issue, it doesn't tell us anything about whether Biden is ready to be a VP or President.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Double Trouble

bwahahahahaha. If you were to poll people in the main stream media, and they would give honest answers, the reality is that 80% of them would be big time Obama supporters. That's just how it is, journalists tend to be liberal. That's exactly what got fox started, conservatives wanted an answer to all the liberals in the regular media, and they got it. Unfortunately fox morphed into a right-wing idiot fest, but that's for another thread.

Reporters' political affiliations are not the issue. They do as they're told by their editors, who follow the marching orders of the owner, who hires editors who will do what they want.

Owners control the bias in their products, and owners are highly right-wing.

What got Fox start is not countering liberal bias, that's a lie for the fools who buy the liberal media lie. It was to further the interests of the right-wing movement.

Of *course* they're going to say it's to counter evil liberal media, not to further dominate the political system with the interests of the powerful by giving them their own network.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Nice projection and speculation, DT, especially when you represent it as fact, rather than as your own twisted opinion...

Palin is the New Hawtness, remember? The media isn't so much going after her as they're trying to find out about her. Besides being our biggest state and biggest welfare state, Alaska is still somewhat remote and removed form the rest of the country, so when Palin isn't as forthcoming as she might be, and isn't out there on the runway, showing off, then speculation is bound to be more prevalent.

Me? I'm waiting patiently to see what sort of persona her handlers can help her create beyond the one trick pony we saw at the RNC. Should be interesting.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Nice projection and speculation, DT, especially when you represent it as fact, rather than as your own twisted opinion...

Palin is the New Hawtness, remember? The media isn't so much going after her as they're trying to find out about her. Besides being our biggest state and biggest welfare state, Alaska is still somewhat remote and removed form the rest of the country, so when Palin isn't as forthcoming as she might be, and isn't out there on the runway, showing off, then speculation is bound to be more prevalent.

Me? I'm waiting patiently to see what sort of persona her handlers can help her create beyond the one trick pony we saw at the RNC. Should be interesting.

..mabe it'll be as good as spinning a man child "street agitator" into a presidental candidate.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

..mabe it'll be as good as spinning a man child "street agitator" into a presidental candidate.

Stick to huffing glue.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
The son going to Iraq is the Delaware AG. He is in the National Guard.

My point is that Biden is a career politician who has served in Washington over half his life.
If we want real "change" we need to stop electing people like Biden, Byrd, Stevens, Inouye, Kennedy etc. Everyone of these guys have been office for 35+ years.

If we really want "change" then we have to get rid of these guys and their life long appointments.

jyates

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

My point is that Biden is a career politician who has served in Washington over half his life.
If we want real "change" we need to stop electing people like Biden, Byrd, Stevens, Inouye, Kennedy etc. Everyone of these guys have been office for 35+ years.

If we really want "change" then we have to get rid of these guys and their life long appointments.

It's pretty hard to "throw the bums" out once they've dug their foxholes into the system. It usually happens only when the voters finally get enough of the status quo and as long as you feed the sheep that doesn't happen.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
If you were to poll people in the main stream media, and they would give honest answers, the reality is that 80% of them would be big time Obama supporters.

LOL, faith based statistics! :laugh:

Feb 10, 2000

I know Biden's son is the Delaware AG. The relevance of that to this discussion is unclear to me, however.

So I take it, based on your post, that the sweet spot of experience is between 26 and 34 years in office (unless you're conceding that McCain, who has 26 years in office, and decades more on the payroll of the federal government as a sailor, isn't really the agent of change he holds himself out as)?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
In terms of the press not going after Biden's son, they already are as a simple google check will show.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5640118 which is just link of many.

But if we distill all these damn non Prof John press links down to its basics, any time the press goes after a republican, we see him jumping up and down screaming, you press dummies, go after democrats only. Get with the program hint hint hint.

The fact is that the press goes after both, and they don't pay a damn bit of attention to all his moaning and groaning.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
So I take it, based on your post, that the sweet spot of experience is between 26 and 34 years in office (unless you're conceding that McCain, who has 26 years in office and decades more on the payroll of the federal government as a sailor) isn't really the agent of change he holds himself out as)?

LOL, Tony! Welcome back to our mosh pit of political opinion. Your sane and incisive voice is a welcome one. :thumbsup:

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

*facepalm*

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Idiocy. The editor of the Harvard law Review who has the principles Republicans mostly lack to serve his community, you call basically a guy throwing rocks through windows.

You, too, are a cult member.

No rational processes evident.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

I'll repeat, since you are not getting it the first time I say it.

It's not about how long they've been in Washington. It's what they do there.

You show your cluelessness by lumping Stevens and, say, Kennedy. You are such a misleading little sneak so frequently, trying 'guilt by association', thief with democrats.

Byrd was an eloquent speaker *against* the authorization of force bill. Kennedy is an eloquest speaker for the poor and middle classes.

Change would be their getting the power to implement their policies, not the people who have the power now that make Byrd and Kennedy little more than speechmakers.

Change could come from those long-time Senators, or from new people - and the status quo can be continued by long-time Senator McCain, or a new guy who has Bush policies.

You are trying to distort the issue of change, to pretend that a Bush clone new to Washington would be more change than the radical changes a President Kucinich.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
The media isn't going after somebody they have known and vetted and studied for decades?

Profjohn, at any point do you ever realize how stupid the things are that you say? ANd how is Biden's son lobbying supposed to hurt him? Sara palin's daughter being a skank is off limits though?

YOu have no intelligence, no consistency, and nothing worthwhile to say.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

On the contrary, I think the fact that Biden has a kid heading to Iraq is a plus. It means that unlike most who so carelessly make decisions about war (Bush, Cheney etc), he has an actual stake in the game. I rather like that idea, at least it makes them pause for a second before doing stupid things.

The career choice of Biden's kids is a non-issue, it doesn't tell us anything about whether Biden is ready to be a VP or President.

We mostly agree, but I don't think it's fair or right to treat their having a kid in the military as any conclusive indicator of anything about their judgement or restraint on war.

You can say it's possibly some help, but if their war policies are affected by their child being in it, you have bigger problems with them being in power.

And it's not as if the military is unaware who the kids of the powerful are, can probably limit their exposure to risk nowadays.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Watch the rerun of Meet the Press. That will put an end to this thread.