How come nobody is predicting terrorist attacks?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I remember back in 2004 we used to have all kinds of predictions on terrorist attacks, how Bush would never let himself lose power, etc.

my personal favorite

Are we finally coming to an age where "the world will end tomorrow" has been said so many times that finally those idiots are staying under their bridges?

Granted, it was great comedy to see the predictions and then refute them, but I feel somewhat empty. Sure I have Dave and techs stupid predictions to beat up on, but that's like drinking diet cola.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: alchemize
I remember back in 2004 we used to have all kinds of predictions on terrorist attacks, how Bush would never let himself lose power, etc.

my personal favorite

Are we finally coming to an age where "the world will end tomorrow" has been said so many times that finally those idiots are staying under their bridges?

Granted, it was great comedy to see the predictions and then refute them, but I feel somewhat empty. Sure I have Dave and techs stupid predictions to beat up on, but that's like drinking diet cola.

"Tastes great"
"Less filling"

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Because deep down inside radical muslims actually love the US, and would never do anything to hurt us. USS Cole, WTC I, WTC II, and all the embassy bombings were just misunderstandings.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Because deep down inside radical muslims actually love the US, and would never do anything to hurt us. USS Cole, WTC I, WTC II, and all the embassy bombings were just misunderstandings.

yeah tell me about it, they hate us for our freedom.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This said while pus sack Republicans by the thousands are diving out of building head first into the cement at the prospect Obama is going to win. Thanks for the comedy thread.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
This said while pus sack Republicans by the thousands are diving out of building head first into the cement at the prospect Obama is going to win. Thanks for the comedy thread.

Yikes....

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
No different than your (and others) behavior in 2004 when John "I'll never vote for that bastard he voted for the war" Kerry lost :)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: alchemize
No different than your (and others) behavior in 2004 when John "I'll never vote for that bastard he voted for the war" Kerry lost :)

Can you say this more clearly? I don't get it. And no, not saying that's your fault.

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001