How come Muse is not much known in U.S.?

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
Although Hysteria is extremely popular in Europe, many of my friends in U.S. never even heard of it?

If you haven't either, listen to it or watch the clip at Official Muse Website . Click on media > videos > Hysteria > High Bandwidth :D

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: gistech1978
i heard of them years ago.
they used to play "muscle museum" on the college radio station.

yeah they have been around for a while.

you should be able to watch muscle museum through their website as well :p

beginning of muscle museum reminds me Mario games for some reason :p

nater

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
yeah muscle museum used to be played on the radio quite a bit. i have their new CD but I haven't really had time to listen to it yet

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
they're on the radio here....

i think i'm jaded... asphyxiated... i want to break this spell... that you've createeed... buuurrrrrrry meeee

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I've heard Muscle Museum (prefer the live version) and Time Is Running Out. Good songs. :)

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Because americans only like what the media spoonfeeds them and most people havent even heard of Muse.

cjchaps

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2000
My fiancee and me are going to see Muse on Apr 23rd(?) in Chicago. There are some of us who have heard about them in the states.

Feb 10, 2000
I have the new album - they are definitely kind of an eclectic band, if this record is any indication. I would never have expected the heavy metal tinge of some of the album. I generally like it, but it suffers from a bit of a Radiohead Lite syndrome, and the mix on the single is surprisingly muddy IMO. I do like the song, though.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Aharami
never heard of them. what kinda music is it?

scottish(?) eclectic pop music. generic compressed guitar riffs, muddy basslines, and uninspired drum work.

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: LS20
because theyre no good

how many songs of them have you listened to?
rolleye.gif

My favorite songs:

Muscle Museum
Fillip
Cave
Unintended
Uno
Hysteria

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: cjchaps
My fiancee and me are going to see Muse on Apr 23rd(?) in Chicago. There are some of us who have heard about them in the states.

They are coming to Atlanta on April 9th. Wanna go? :D

xXgambitXx

Mar 26, 2002
they were pretty popular a couple years ago

i saw them twice in concert when they opened for the "red hot chili peppers" on whatever tour promoted "californication". i went to the concert in two cities (bloomington and indianapolis) so i got to see them twice. picked up "showbiz" and thought it was decent, really unique sound.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Xiety
Originally posted by: LS20
because theyre no good

how many songs of them have you listened to?
rolleye.gif

My favorite songs:

Muscle Museum
Fillip
Cave
Unintended
Uno
Hysteria
the original of symmetry album and showbiz album ?
they just sound like more generic britpop like travis/starsailor/etc

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
i like muse

my roommate introduced me to the group..well, he kept on playing their songs on his computer..and i like 'em