How come I never see corndogs anymore?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: E equals MC2
See I grew up in Korea. When I was a kid in late 80s/early 90s, corn dogs were very popular by street vendors (like those sausage carts).

It was never that refried crap. The corn dogs were pale white and drippy with batter right before my eyes.... and then they were deep fried until crispy golden brown. Garnish it with ketchup and it's the pure best fucking shit you can have on a stick.

I never see any of those here. All I see are pre-cooked frozen ones in supermarkets AND even in carnivals or fairs, they're pre-cooked.

WTF!!!!! It's like the WORLD of difference to have a fresh one...

I get one at the fair every year here. They are dipped and cooked right there on the spot. FRESH! :)

Also, try a polish sausage corndog!

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Jugernot
See I grew up in Korea. When I was a kid in late 80s/early 90s, corn dogs were very popular by street vendors (like those sausage carts).

It was never that refried crap. The corn dogs were pale white and drippy with batter right before my eyes.... and then they were deep fried until crispy golden brown. Garnish it with ketchup and it's the pure best fucking shit you can have on a stick.

I never see any of those here. All I see are pre-cooked frozen ones in supermarkets AND even in carnivals or fairs, they're pre-cooked.

I get one at the fair every year here. They are dipped and cooked right there on the spot. FRESH! :)

Any idea which booth it was that had them? Assuming it is one of the regulars, I want to try one this year. Last year was the first year I really indulged in fair food.

DieHardware

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2001
Lol, I remember asking for a pogo at Disneyland, they were like wtf?? Don't ask for vineger, you'll get the same look.

Besides corn dogs/pogos aren't healthy, this would be better. If they put cheese and gravy on it it might actually be good! Hmmm....Pogotine!

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven
Originally posted by: Jugernot

Any idea which booth it was that had them? Assuming it is one of the regulars, I want to try one this year. Last year was the first year I really indulged in fair food.

It's the booth that serves the blocks of frys, onion rings, or zuccini sticks. They have corndogs or polish dogs for like $3.50.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Dirigible
Dammit! These threads have to stop! I need to lose some weight, and I loooooove homemade corndogs and fries.

Must not break out the fryer... must not break out the fryer... must not break out the fryer...

yoo jest nead A destraktshun!

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Ketchup? WTF is wrong with you?! TPAD. The only thing that goes on a corn dog is mustard.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Raduque
Ketchup? WTF is wrong with you?! TPAD. The only thing that goes on a corn dog is mustard.

ech
I hate mustard. Ketchup FTW fool!

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
Originally posted by: destrekor
Originally posted by: Raduque

ech
I hate mustard. Ketchup FTW fool!

KETCHUP for the FTMFW! When I came to US and saw you guys putting mustard on corn dog instead of ketchup, I was like WTF is wrong with you people! :beer:

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
I don't think I've ever been to a mall without a Hot Dog On A Stick. They make them right in front of you.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: Dirigible
Dammit! These threads have to stop! I need to lose some weight, and I loooooove homemade corndogs and fries.

Must not break out the fryer... must not break out the fryer... must not break out the fryer...

yoo jest nead A destraktshun!

Hah! You gave me the first laugh of the day. :)

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
If there's one thing in this world that I KNOW is true, it's that....

KETCHUP HAS NO PLACE ON A CORN DOG!!!!!

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Anubis
Garnish it with ketchup

you GTFO

mustard if the ONLY acceptable garnish for a corn dog

if you can sit like a chick, then the corn dog battle is important; fight the brave fight, francis... I like only mustand sometimes, and then ketchup, and the both. However, I will never tell some how they should eat there corndog.