How come Bond gets all the women?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Did you see the movie 'The Tao of Steve'?

1. Eliminate your desires. If you're out with a girl & your thinking about getting laid, your finished. Women can smell an agenda.

2. You need to do something excellent in her presense, therefore proving your sexual worthiness.

3. After you elminate your desire and after you've proven your excellence, you must retreat.

We pursuit that which retreats from us

Steve is the prototypical cool american male. Steve McGarrett, Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. He never tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl.

Steve is the man on the horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living.

Steve isn't just a name, it's a state of mind. It's a way of living. James Bond is Steve, Spiderman is Seve.

If your not a Steve then your a Stu. Jughead is a Stu. Barney Fife is a Stu.

Cheers,
Aquaman

Tallgeese

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2001
Aqua may be on to something...

I have a cousin named Steve
Before he got married, he got more @ss than a toilet seat.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
You guys are forgetting that these movies (well many of them) began as books.... Read them, they're entertaining....

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Aquaman
Did you see the movie 'The Tao of Steve'?

1. Eliminate your desires. If you're out with a girl & your thinking about getting laid, your finished. Women can smell an agenda.

2. You need to do something excellent in her presense, therefore proving your sexual worthiness.

3. After you elminate your desire and after you've proven your excellence, you must retreat.

We pursuit that which retreats from us

Steve is the prototypical cool american male. Steve McGarrett, Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. He never tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl.

Steve is the man on the horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living.

Steve isn't just a name, it's a state of mind. It's a way of living. James Bond is Steve, Spiderman is Seve.

If your not a Steve then your a Stu. Jughead is a Stu. Barney Fife is a Stu.

Cheers,
Aquaman

With great powers comes great responsibility.
Ie, don't want heifers to be chasing you.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Also because James Bond has that cool magnetic watch that can help you unzip dresses :D

Cheers,
Aquaman

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
if you carefully review the timing and history of James Bond - he was meant to be representative of what Great Britain aspired to be, but wasn't, during the Cold War.

the british empire was/had imploded - the brits were
no longer a superpower (supplanted by U.S. and Soviets)
hence Bond is a "player" on the international scene - in the middle of everthing worldy and important

the brits are reputed to be rife with homosexuals in their foreign ministry (working for the soviets as spys)
hence Bond is a raging heterosexual

the brits were not the Alpha dog anymore - second fiddle to the U.S.
hence in all the Bond movies, the CIA types are always pals, but not the smartest, and not the ones to "solve" the problem.

Bond was England's answer to becoming a lessor player on the international scene.

by the way - I didn't think this up - someone else did.

Storm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 1999
Originally posted by: TallGeese
Some academics have offered analyses of the Bond series (both film and print) that try to prove Bond is a misogynist women-hater, unable to derive true pleasure from any relationship with a woman, and therefore is a deeply closeted homosexual.

I personally think such academics are full of cr@p

lol I honestly hope those people didnt spend countless hours watching the films over and over again, or were awarded doctorates using that as their thesis.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Bond? Never mind asking why Bond always gets the women. The larger question is why Adam Sandler gets any woman, ever, even in a movie.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Perknose
Bond? Never mind asking why Bond always gets the women. The larger question is why Adam Sandler gets <EM>any</EM> woman, ever, even in a movie.

Bond is meant to get the women with the way he talks and his confidence. The real question is how does Ross on Friends get any women? If I ever met a guy like him in real life I would do him the favor of beating him senseless.

Tallgeese

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Storm
Some academics have offered analyses of the Bond series (both film and print) that try to prove Bond is a misogynist women-hater, unable to derive true pleasure from any relationship with a woman, and therefore is a deeply closeted homosexual.

lol I honestly hope those people didnt spend countless hours watching the films over and over again, or were awarded doctorates using that as their thesis.
You must not have spent any time in higher education.
And that's not meant as a slam on you either :D

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Storm

You must not have spent any time in higher education.
And that's not meant as a slam on you either :D

At least crap like this is analyzed more in private universities...I'd be pissed if my tax dollars were funding bullsh!t like this.

Grasshopper27

Banned
Sep 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Shiva112

Bond is meant to get the women with the way he talks and his confidence. The real question is how does Ross on Friends get any women? If I ever met a guy like him in real life I would do him the favor of beating him senseless.

More to the point, how on Earth did he ever get Rachel? She must REALLY have poor eyesight... :D

Grasshopper

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
LOL, let's walk thru the decision making processs

I could have a date with Barry Bonds, athletic,rich,famous

or

I could have a date with Pastfinder, an ATOT pimple farmer

decisions,decisions,decisions... :D

"blonde. you can tell all the jokes but you can never live the experience."