How come all of the sudden our intelligence agencies have leaks all over the place?

Are these leaks deliberate ?

• YES Clinton somehow is behind this for some reason

• YES our government is behind it but who knows for what.

• YES but its the MSM making shit up, they are fake leaks

• NO these are legitimate leaks.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
I find the whole thing quite odd. All of the sudden all kinds of "Senior CIA officials" according to the press are leaking all kinds of stuff lately (notice they are not even trying to obfuscate the source by giving a hint to what rank/level)

So why would these senior CIA officials start offering all this classified information to the press? they do not seem to care that the media even hints at how high up the chain they are within the CIA.

So many leaks lately and it seems no repercussions either, no concerns by our administration that we are leaking intelligence to the press. I also notice that the press does not seem to be questioning the administration in regards to our poor abilities to keep things secret.

Why does all this stuff remind me of all the leaks that suddenly sprout right before we invaded iraq. You know, the months of leaks regarding all kinds of massive WMD resources in use, nukes etc.

I am getting the impression that these are deliberate "leaks" (or Psyops in Army parlance) to prepare the sheep for something. Back in the days it was just called straight out propaganda.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
your employer already filled you in on all the "Stuff" so no need to pretend otherwise.

It's an honest question. Why am i sensing a truly nebulous conspiracy theory?

I'm retired, btw. I have no employer.

Nov 25, 2013
I find the whole thing quite odd. All of the sudden all kinds of "Senior CIA officials" according to the press are leaking all kinds of stuff lately (notice they are not even trying to obfuscate the source by giving a hint to what rank/level)

So why would these senior CIA officials start offering all this classified information to the press? they do not seem to care that the media even hints at how high up the chain they are within the CIA.

So many leaks lately and it seems no repercussions either, no concerns by our administration that we are leaking intelligence to the press. I also notice that the press does not seem to be questioning the administration in regards to our poor abilities to keep things secret.

Why does all this stuff remind me of all the leaks that suddenly sprout right before we invaded iraq. You know, the months of leaks regarding all kinds of massive WMD resources in use, nukes etc.

I am getting the impression that these are deliberate "leaks" (or Psyops in Army parlance) to prepare the sheep for something. Back in the days it was just called straight out propaganda.

re bolded: Welcome to the way that the American political system has operated since about 1776. Glad that you could catch up.

As for the rest, aluminum foil is on aisle 5, just past the bales of straw.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is really simple. Hillary ran a server that was not secure and the CIA and the FBI felt it was putting their agents or their assets and maybe even informants at risk. Therefore they are upset that she has not been charged with a crime so a few people just leaked the truth about what was going on. It is not like Democrats do not leak intelligence information from time to time. This is what happens when parts of the government lose all confidence with the leadership of this country, and the absolute lawlessness of the Obama administration.

As Secretary of State Hillary accepted money as gifts from foreign governments which is also illegal. As a government employee that is illegal and Republicans wives of government officials have gone to jail just for accepting a few articles of clothing as gifts. There is now way she should not be investigated on several levels for her illegal activity.

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Hide yo Intel and hide yo Mail, and yo Smart phones too.... cause they leaking everything up here

Reactions: JSt0rm

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
This is really simple. Hillary ran a server that was not secure and the CIA and the FBI felt it was putting their agents or their assets and maybe even informants at risk. Therefore they are upset that she has not been charged with a crime so a few people just leaked the truth about what was going on. It is not like Democrats do not leak intelligence information from time to time. This is what happens when parts of the government lose all confidence with the leadership of this country, and the absolute lawlessness of the Obama administration.

As Secretary of State Hillary accepted money as gifts from foreign governments which is also illegal. As a government employee that is illegal and Republicans wives of government officials have gone to jail just for accepting a few articles of clothing as gifts. There is now way she should not be investigated on several levels for her illegal activity.

a republican controlled congress investigated her for years for Benghazi and emails and came up with jack shit. you really think they forgot to turn up some stones in the meantime?

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
a republican controlled congress investigated her for years for Benghazi and emails and came up with jack shit. you really think they forgot to turn up some stones in the meantime?

The attorney general of the USA was appointed by a Democrat. End of Story. Most politicians are guilty of other wrong-doing so they are afraid an investigation will uncover their wrong-doing also. Therefore, most politicians dont want to investigate each other. This is the problem we have when the old cronies stay in office forever. This is why we need term limits.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
All conspiracy theories lead to.... Hillary! even when they're so vague that only the OP has any clue as to their formulation.

Reactions: JSt0rm

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
The leaks continue. Man CIA needs to see whats the problem with employees just leaking out so much stuff. I wonder if it is the same employees that leaked out the WMD threats in Iraq to the press last time. The leakers should be easy to find. how many Senior officials have direct access to that TS/SCI/NOFORN info on JWICS networked computers.

"Intelligence officials have leaked word to NBC and ABC that Russian President Vladimir Putin was “personally involved” in cyberattacks aimed at interfering with the United States presidential election. NBC’s report relies on “two senior officials with direct access to the information,” ABC’s on “U.S. and foreign intelligence officials.”"

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Occom's razor would suggest to me that these are patriotic agents worried that a Trump administration/Republican Congress would sweep all investigations under the rug without public pressure to prevent it.

I'm open to other theories, but I can't think of another reason why CIA agents would want to piss off the incoming administration. they're not dumb enough to think that the electoral college would overturn the election unless they had a smoking gun that implicated Trump himself.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Occom's razor would suggest to me that these are patriotic agents worried that a Trump administration/Republican Congress would sweep all investigations under the rug without public pressure to prevent it.

I'm open to other theories, but I can't think of another reason why CIA agents would want to piss off the incoming administration. they're not dumb enough to think that the electoral college would overturn the election unless they had a smoking gun that implicated Trump himself.

If that was the case you would think an official announcement be made and an official investigation into foreign influcence of a president. I would be concerned and you would think a pause until everything is 100% kosher.

What I find odd is why would the leakers want the press to release information that would make it easy to catch them and get the arrested/fired? "Seniors with direct access to ..."

And I would find it concerning that we have Senior officials leaking out stuff to people who should not have access to this kind of intelligence. how can you trust them.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

lol That razor doesn't belong to "Occom". It is shared between Hillary and Obama.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
lol That razor doesn't belong to "Occom". It is shared between Hillary and Obama.
how do the leaks benefit Hillary? the electoral college isn't going to overturn the election, and if anything, they make Obama look bad for sitting on the information just because he couldn't get Mitch McConnell on-board with a condemnation.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Perhaps as loyal Americans they are risking conviction, imprisonment, loss of pension, etc. because they know that upon inauguration they know any evidence of the links between Trump and Putin are going to be buried deeper than the ark of the covenant, or more likely, wiped and destroyed. For Exhibit 1 I give you Mitch McConnell.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The leaks continue. Man CIA needs to see whats the problem with employees just leaking out so much stuff. I wonder if it is the same employees that leaked out the WMD threats in Iraq to the press last time. The leakers should be easy to find. how many Senior officials have direct access to that TS/SCI/NOFORN info on JWICS networked computers.

"Intelligence officials have leaked word to NBC and ABC that Russian President Vladimir Putin was “personally involved” in cyberattacks aimed at interfering with the United States presidential election. NBC’s report relies on “two senior officials with direct access to the information,” ABC’s on “U.S. and foreign intelligence officials.”"

So, they leaked what everybody already knew? And that's supposed to be classified?

Of course Putin was involved. It's a dictatorship, fer crissakes.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
So, they leaked what everybody already knew? And that's supposed to be classified?

Of course Putin was involved. It's a dictatorship, fer crissakes.

So you are saying its okay for Classified information to be leaked to the press, no problems with people who are supposed to be trusted to keep secrets?

I find it odd that no one in Washington is concerned that we have moles in the CIA dumping stuff to the press. If we are this concerned with the russians leaking secrets, we should be very concerned if we have inside employees doing it as well.

Nov 25, 2013
So you are saying its okay for Classified information to be leaked to the press, no problems with people who are supposed to be trusted to keep secrets?

I find it odd that no one in Washington is concerned that we have moles in the CIA dumping stuff to the press. If we are this concerned with the russians leaking secrets, we should be very concerned if we have inside employees doing it as well.

We get it. You are really, really, really concerned.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
how do the leaks benefit Hillary? the electoral college isn't going to overturn the election, and if anything, they make Obama look bad for sitting on the information just because he couldn't get Mitch McConnell on-board with a condemnation.
They weaken Trump by making his election seem illegitimate. (Mind you, I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing.) They also protect Democrat fundraising, boost future Hillary political viability (and thereby protect Clinton Family Foundation donations), and discourage Democrat defections by insinuating that Democrats didn't really lose, the Republicans just cheated.