How can I tighten the skin on my face??

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Hi guys

I just turned 30 back in June. I've been working out a lot, and have lost about 15 pounds. I'm really going to dig in this winter.

I've noticed that as I lose weight, i don't think my face is catching up with it. Are there any techniques to increase the elasticity of the skin, aka tighten it up? My face just feels... I don't know.. soggy.

Mar 22, 2002
Hi guys

I just turned 30 back in June. I've been working out a lot, and have lost about 15 pounds. I'm really going to dig in this winter.

I've noticed that as I lose weight, i don't think my face is catching up with it. Are there any techniques to increase the elasticity of the skin, aka tighten it up? My face just feels... I don't know.. soggy.

How long has it taken you to lose those 15lbs? If you're losing weight too fast (greater than 1-1.5lbs per week), then the skin has less time to equilibrate. You can rectify that by slowing your weight loss and hope your skin maintains the ability to retract. If you haven't been losing weight too fast, there's not much you can do.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
No, it's been gradual. I workout 3-4 nights a week, but I'm well fed. I run several miles 3-4 nights a week as well. I'm only loosing 2-4 pounds per month. Every few months I actually gain weight. It's been a slow process.

Alot of how I feel about it is that I was always very lean and thin growing up. I ran cross country, and was really athletic. About 6 years ago I had a terrible hernia and didn't workout or do anything for about 2 years. I put on about 35 pounds. I lost some, but then hurt my back.. I put it back on. Over the past 2 years I've lost about 25 pounds. It's been gradual. but since my original hernia, I've never gotten to the shape I was in so I've always felt chubby. My face is this way because of the past 6 years of not being able to work out much without fearing re-injury. Only in the past year or so have I been able to really work out and start getting back into peak shape.

I'm getting there, but my face isn't. It's still as puffy as it was 6 years ago.

Mar 22, 2002
If your skin feels loose, there's not much to do. If your face feels fat, you need to reduce your body fat further. If you're not doing resistance exercises as part of your weight loss, you may be reducing your weight, but not your body fat percentage. If you just do cardio, you're likely to lose body muscle and fat, sometimes maintaining the same body composition as a whole. If that's the case, read the fat loss sticky and get on a resistance training program.

jackanderson

Dec 2, 2010
www.raymeds.com
Drink 8 glasses of cold water a day. Water will tighten your skin up. It will flush out toxins in your body as well. Not only would I drink 8 glasses of cold water, wash your face with ice water. It works and is a natural anti-aging trick that helps naturally. Your skin needs moisture. Cold water is the key and don't forget this step. It's that simple and easy.

Mar 22, 2002
Drink 8 glasses of cold water a day. Water will tighten your skin up. It will flush out toxins in your body as well. Not only would I drink 8 glasses of cold water, wash your face with ice water. It works and is a natural anti-aging trick that helps naturally. Your skin needs moisture. Cold water is the key and don't forget this step. It's that simple and easy.

This is silly and completely unfounded. The temperature you drink water at or the temperature of the water you wash your face with has nothing to do with the tightness of your skin. Ice water splashed on the face will only cause vasoconstriction and reduce blood flow. It's not that simple and it's not even logical.

Reactions: pauldun170

kamper

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2003

Do you have a link to a website where I can buy some of this miracle cold water?

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
You need a large latex dildo, preferably black. Regular sessions alternatively slapping yourself in the face and rectal insertions will tone and firm your skin.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Face Yoga? I do it. People laugh, but I like it. Sadly, much of it is genetics.

007ELmO

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2005
I'm 38 and have baggy eyes now. I wrote it off as I'm getting old. I'm getting enough sleep/etc. It's life. Just try to stay healthy!

bigi

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Kissing. I am serious. This is the best exercise for facial muscles. Look it up.

Reactions: 007ELmO

mike8675309

Jul 17, 2013
Everybody's body stores fat where it wishes and gets rid of it when it wants to. It's genetic. Sounds like your problem area may be your face. I lose it in my face faster than anywhere else. Salt in your diet can make it seem worse. You'll have to lean up more to lose that in your face.