How can I think so lucidly sans caffeine?

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I am *extremely* lucid after consuming my usual 4 shots of espresso. I'd like the same level of brain function without having to have the coffee as the catalyst. I'm not a morning person, so the payload of an espresso usually catapults me into a state of unfathomable productivity.

For those who don't have a daily caffeine intake, how do you do it?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
"lucidly sans caffeine" bwhahaha - sounds like a font ;)

Anywho, I don' need caffeine, as I never drink coffee, etc. I don't need any catalysts. ;)

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: rbloedow
"lucidly sans caffeine" bwhahaha - sounds like a font ;)

These two fonts walk into a bar.

Bartender says, "We don't serve your type here."

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Due to a stomach illness, I'm forbidden to eat/drink anything that has an ounce of caffeine in it. So, to wake up in the mornings, I resort to running 2 or 3 miles. The first mile I'm usually going at a 15:00/mile pace, but by mile two I'm usually awake and running a 5:00/mile. Any form of physical exertion should help wake you up in the mornings.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: TheBoyBlunder
Get to sleep earlier. It's probably the only thing that would work.

I get my best work done at night, the caffeine is so I can work under hours of "normal people." :) It's hard for me to get to sleep early, because I hit my naturally lucid moments around midnight.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I just got to cleep early. It cool when you have a set sleep cycle, and you wake up about a minute before your alarm clock every morning ;)

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
When the alarm goes off I just jump out of bed, awake and ready to go. Back when I still drank caffeine regularly I had a much harder time waking up in the morning.