how can I take a screenshot of BIOS screen

dunkster

Golden Member
Nov 13, 1999
Yes - with a printer connected to your parallel port. Most parallel printers can capture your BIOS pages to their printer buffer memory via the 'Print Screen' Key memory and print those pages.

But most have moved to USB-interface printers, and this capability is lost.

Hope this helps!

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
As another said if you have one of the earlier parallel printers that could work without Windwoes (there are still a few current models that do that), IOW prints straight ASCII, then capturing the BIOS screens is easy. While you are at each different screen just press "PrintScreen" or Shift-PrintScreen or Ctrl-PrintScreen. One of those should do it. Otherwise you will have to shoot with a camera.
. The trouble is, no OS or program has a chance to load before you enter the BIOS setup - so if the BIOS can't do it itself, then you're SOL..

.bh.

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
Lol, do people still have parallel printers?

I have all my rigs parallel and serial ports disabled in their bios seems like a decade ago.

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
Well PO, try to print from DOS with a USB Win-printer... Until recently they wouldn't work well with Linux either.

.bh.

narcotic

Golden Member
Jul 15, 2004
its a shame they don't implement this capability. Somthing like being able to take a screenshot and then save it to a floppy or somthing, could have been very usefull.