How can I stop passing so much gas?

BradT

Jul 17, 2007
Alright, this is getting beyond embarrassing. I will probably fart at least once before completing this thread. Throughout my day, I simply fart way too much. I know that you fart when you are relaxed, which is why you fart a lot in bed. I do not have a relaxing day by any means, so I don't think that this is the issue. These are not loud fart, just silent and somewhat deadly. Whenever I stand up after sitting for a long time I using release a smelling gas that has gathered from multiple farts. HELP ME DAMNITT!!!!

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
I know a guy who constantly belches. He insists on doing it vocally.. it was really annoying when he was my roommate.

Good luck with that.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: BradT
Alright, this is getting beyond embarrassing. I will probably fart at least once before completing this thread. Throughout my day, I simply fart way too much. I know that you fart when you are relaxed, which is why you fart a lot in bed. I do not have a relaxing day by any means, so I don't think that this is the issue. These are not loud fart, just silent and somewhat deadly. Whenever I stand up after sitting for a long time I using release a smelling gas that has gathered from multiple farts. HELP ME DAMNITT!!!!

lol, have you consulted your physician? Could be a dietary issue, but better to be safe than sorry.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Do you chew your food all the way? I heard large chunks of food in a stomach makes it increase the bile to break down the food causing a chemical reaction...which we call gas.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
And I can't help to comment about a guy who had to run out of a meeting at work to the mens room because he had so much gas. Hah.

He bolted to the door. You had to be there.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: BradT
Originally posted by: Dacalo
How often do you take a dump? At least one a day?

Sometimes

Fiber. Whole grain.

Box of triscuts. <--- Wow.

I'm a every other day guy. Sometimes everyday streaks. If I go without for two days straight, that third day could clear a room.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
My SO wanted me to be healthy so when I started eating more fiber (fiber one bars, broc/beans/etc), I would fart like a machine at first. Then when I started drinking more water, it went down, i still have the toots from time to time during the day :D.

They smell like bakery fresh cinnamon rolls though.

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
Originally posted by: buck
My SO wanted me to be healthy so when I started eating more fiber (fiber one bars, broc/beans/etc), I would fart like a machine at first. Then when I started drinking more water, it went down, i still have the toots from time to time during the day :D.

They smell like bakery fresh cinnamon rolls though.

i'm sure. :laugh:

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Stop drinking milk and eating dairy, including yogurt, cheese, etc...
If that fails stop eating wheat...

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Maybe you're becoming intolerant to some food you're eating? I know people can develop intolerance to lactose, for example, and that can make you really gassy.

nonameo

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2006
Possible causes:

High-soy foods (or pretty much anything with beans, but processed soy is pretty bad)
MILK(this is a serious fart-causer)
There is a chance of gluten intolerance(wheat,barley, rye, and sometimes oats...)
soda(usually low odor)
eating too fast(usually low odor, you basically eat air and it passes through your system)
Make sure you crap regularly. Fiber will help with this, but can also cause farts.

edit: coffee can cause gas. It's actually not the coffee so much, but the linseed oil that's used to preserve the flavor. Folger's simply smooth does not have linseed oil in it. I drink it all the time and have ZERO issues.

Get some live acidophilus cultures(comes in pill form from health food stores) and take that. It restores the supply of "good" bacteria to your intestine, which can be killed off by antibiotics and whatnot.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: FoBoT
you need more fiber in your diet
eat more fresh fruit and veggitables

Don't eat too many F&V's, they'll give you the runs. Balance it, start with 3-4 F&V's a day then go up to about 6-8 F&V's a day. My dad eats 12 F&V's a day, separate from his meals. He has 2 a day, and apparently like a dump truck. :Q

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
It could be the food you eat. As pointed out by others in this thread, it can be just about anything as long as your body reacts to it. If it's not the food, try holding them in as long as much as you can. It's going to take weeks, but it'll slowly change the bacteria in your digestive system and body chemistry to not produce as much of whatever is releasing gas as a byproduct.