How can I print Avery 5126 labels for Amazon Returns?

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
Hi
I hope I get my Brother HL-L2380DW to print some labels for my Amazon returns.

I am assuming its the way they center the print for the label that my problem but I cant even find any type of Avery labels templates for my printer to use.

I installed some Avery software I did d/l but it seem to want to use its web interface/

I am using Windows 10 Pro for my OS

Posting now for feedback TIA!

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
I have always printed Avery labels from my word processor by selecting the label number from a list in paper types.

Reactions: techmanc

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
You can download the 5126 template for Word here:

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-&-Software/Templates/Labels/Shipping-Labels/Shipping-Label-2-per-sheet_Microsoft-Word.htm?N=0&refchannel=c042fd03ab30a110VgnVCM1000002118140aRCRD
Be sure to pick the one without the Avery Toolbar ... You can download as a guest
but they will ask for your email. This template works with all these labels:

Compatible Products:

15516, 18126, 48126, 48226, 48326, 48330, 5126, 5526, 5783, 8126, 85726, 85783, 95930, 95900, 5912

Last edited:

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
Ok total printing newbie here I already had acct for Avery and I added the template to my Word 2016 and my Avery Design&Print program so how is that going to help me print the Amazon return labels?

How do I integrate there printing setup from the Amazon webpage? TIA!

Last edited:

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
If Amazon okayed your return, then they will have sent you an email with the return label link in it. Or you can find it by going to the My Account section, go to the order you are sending back and you will see the return label there. Just print it out (cut it where it needs to be, but leave the BAR CODES intact) Then just attach it to the pacage ( I personally get some UPS Label Envelopes, free at any UPS location or drop box) and put the label inside it. They are self adhesive and easy to attach to the package. What ever you do, if you use packing tape, be sure it does not cover the Bar Code or UPS or USPS will not be able to scan it through the tape. The Amazon Label will print out just fine on normal 8.5 x 11 inch paper.

If you do want to use your own labels, just copy the entire Amazon Label and paste it into the Avery Template in MS Word (you open the template just like any other .doc item) For most printers it is the labels are usually inserted Label Side Down (check your printer manual to be sure)

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
If Amazon okayed your return, then they will have sent you an email with the return label link in it. Or you can find it by going to the My Account section, go to the order you are sending back and you will see the return label there. Just print it out (cut it where it needs to be, but leave the BAR CODES intact) Then just attach it to the pacage ( I personally get some UPS Label Envelopes, free at any UPS location or drop box) and put the label inside it. They are self adhesive and easy to attach to the package. What ever you do, if you use packing tape, be sure it does not cover the Bar Code or UPS or USPS will not be able to scan it through the tape. The Amazon Label will print out just fine on normal 8.5 x 11 inch paper.

If you do want to use your own labels, just copy the entire Amazon Label and paste it into the Avery Template in MS Word (you open the template just like any other .doc item) For most printers it is the labels are usually inserted Label Side Down (check your printer manual to be sure)

I have already done some returns so I know how that part works.

I will try the copy paste method on the templates for any of my future returns. Thanks!

Last edited:

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
I was easily able to copy paste my image of the label into Word template so thats method is working fine for me.

I was unable to do a copy paste of the image using the Avery program and was using the right template and once I got Word working I didn't bother to find out why.

xgsound

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
I have always printed the return form on letter paper, cut it out, inserted the return Id, and taped it to the box. That worked fine.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I just print it on paper and tape it to the box.
Theres like 10 million Avery standards and I've never seen one program that had them all.