How can I kill a crab....

Deadtrees

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2002
I'm trying to steam this crab and I just can't put it into the boiling water;

I feel uncomfortable putting an alive crab into boiling water. When it gets close to the water, it starts struggling and that makes it even harder to do it.

Ah....I must be getting old or something. I used to kill live things for no reason but now I can't even put a crab into boiling water.

Anyway, what's the best method to kill a crab? I mean the fastest way so that it'd die instantly. Should I just hammer it somewhere?

EDIT: I meant CRAB not CRAP. I'm stupid, I know. :eek:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below is the original thread:

I'm trying to steam this crap and I just can't put it into the boiling water;

I feel uncomfortable putting an alive crap into boiling water. When it gets close to the water, it starts struggling and that makes it even harder to do it.

Ah....I must be getting old or something. I used to kill live things for no reason but now I can't even put a crap into boiling water.

Anyway, what's the best method to kill a crap? I mean the fastest way so that it'd die instantly. Should I just hammer it somewhere?

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
If it's a fish ( CARP ), you're supposed to bash it over the head until it's dead. If it's a crab, just steam the fucker.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
LMAO. WTF are you talking about? carp? crab? Just put the damn thing in boiling water. Whatever it is, JUST PUT IT IN!!!

... waits for "That's what she said" comments.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
I dunno if that enzyme stuff for septic tanks will eat the whole crap, but it might be worth a try.

If it just won't flush, though, I'd suggest just going old-school and digging a hole out in the yard somewhere and burying it.

(shrug)

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Deadtrees
I'm trying to steam this crab and I just can't put it into the boiling water;

I feel uncomfortable putting an alive crab into boiling water. When it gets close to the water, it starts struggling and that makes it even harder to do it.

Ah....I must be getting old or something. I used to kill live things for no reason but now I can't even put a crab into boiling water.

Anyway, what's the best method to kill a crab? I mean the fastest way so that it'd die instantly. Should I just hammer it somewhere?

EDIT: I meant CRAB not CRAP. I'm stupid, I know. :eek:

Kill it in the name of God per your sig

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Just put it in the water against all your instincts, and the guilt that washes over you will make every bite more delicious. Think of it writhing in pain as you chew its flesh and break its shell.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
I like the original post better...

Originally posted by: Deadtrees
Topic Title: How can I kill a crap....
Topic Summary: The best/fastest way that is....
Created On: 11/19/2008 10:48 PM

I'm trying to steam this crap and I just can't put it into the boiling water;

I feel uncomfortable putting an alive crap into boiling water. When it gets close to the water, it starts struggling and that makes it even harder to do it.

Ah....I must be getting old or something. I used to kill live things for no reason but now I can't even put a crap into boiling water.

Anyway, what's the best method to kill a crap? I mean the fastest way so that it'd die instantly. Should I just hammer it somewhere?

Jimmah

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2005
Put it in a container in the freezer or fridge for a while, it'll get mostly immobilized and won't struggle when you try to steam it.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: CraKaJaX
LMAO. WTF are you talking about? carp? crab? Just put the damn thing in boiling water. Whatever it is, JUST PUT IT IN!!!

... waits for "That's what she said" comments.

?That what he said!

ooooooooooooooo

Deadtrees

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2002
I laughed so hard thinking about my stupid mistake and how it changed the whole meaning.

Well, I finally put the crab into the pot; I kinda threw into the pot and one side of its legs were hanging over the pot. So, the half of the body was in the water while the other half was in the air. :eek:
After struggling for some time, it finally died.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

^^ sig material right there :laugh:

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
This is the funniest thread I've read in months. Dear god, I think I'm going to asphyxiate from laughing.