How can I juice a pomegranate?

Ogg

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2003
Suck the pulp off of every seed and spit it into a glass.
Serve chilled.........mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm:D

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
You still have to clean the whole thing (pick out every single seed)- no getting out of that chore!

cricky

Nov 9, 1999
Buy it. In a glass jar. In your grocer's health food section. At least what I would do...

--Chris

NuclearFusi0n

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: cricky
Buy it. In a glass jar. In your grocer's health food section. At least what I would do...

--Chris
Too stinkin expensive! :( It's almost as expensive as alcohol. :Q

cricky

Nov 9, 1999
Yeah, but the amount you would get from one $1.50 pomegranate wouldn't add up to that much. Lots of pulp, not much juice. I've seen 64 oz. jars going for $7.

edit: Granted, the jarred juice is probably cut with pear and apple juice... I'd have to check.

--Chris

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999
pomegranate is gooooooooooooooooood.

I don't know what the grocery store juice has in it. May be little juice and tons of water.

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Why the hell would you wanna juice it? The whole joy of eating the damn thing is to nibble on every bit.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Part of the reason why pomegranate is so good is you have to work for it (opening it, avoiding seeds). Juice is no fun.

L

Lola

i had no idea they made pomegranate juice.
i would think it would be worth buying the juice though. i wonder if it would taste anything like the fruit though?!

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 9, 1999
I've never had one...

Whats it taste like?

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Preferred food of the Greek Gods. Good enough for me.

How do you describe a flavor?? On the sweet side but a little tart also with a subtle tang of its own.

Loved em better than candy when I was a kid. Cheap then but also seasonal.

Beware: Juice stains!

Had part of one Sat night. Can be vey sensual when shared. Takes a while to eat like an artichoke.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Also known as the Indian Apple, or that messy thing that stains all your clothes.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Wag
Also known as the Indian Apple, or that messy thing that stains all your clothes.
in the olden days it was used as a dye

anyways yea there's this company that's selling pomegranate juice in funny shaped bottles. expensive as hell, but pretty good.

cricky

Nov 9, 1999
What's it look like?

To me, the seeds always looked like corn kernals that had been cross-bred with a raspberry. Sweet-tart and delicious, buy them while you can. They have a very short season. Usually Oct-Dec. Stain like hell, so watch the drops of juice...

--Chris

NuclearFusi0n

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: gopunk
Originally posted by: Wag
in the olden days it was used as a dye

anyways yea there's this company that's selling pomegranate juice in funny shaped bottles. expensive as hell, but pretty good.
POM! Their juice is A++ fantastic! :) Their bottles make great POMgs too. ;)

ASK THE COMMUNITY