How can I install games without need to use CD to play them?

thestain

May 5, 2006
Hi,

Just seeking some help setting up PC's for a few friends and family to play games without need to install a CD to play them.

Also.. on side note.. any good ways to store games or movies on hard drives with icon's to click and play would be much appreciated.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
I think you want Daemon Tools. It's often used for piracy, so I probably shouldn't link to it. But once you find that I think you can figure it out.

toughwimp11

May 8, 2005
Originally posted by: RKS
Originally posted by: m0mentary
If its only one or two cames, you can seach for a no-cd patch.

Text

gamecopyworld FTW, i've found an image for almost every one of my games. then i use A120 (A52 will also work) to mount it

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: thestain
Thank you! Will give the above a try.

Be warned though, if you use a no cd patch, there is a slight risk that anti-cheating software might be set off during multiplayer play for certain titles (worst case scenario being that one is banned).

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Originally posted by: thestain
Thank you! Will give the above a try.

Be warned though, if you use a no cd patch, there is a slight risk that anti-cheating software might be set off during multiplayer play for certain titles (worst case scenario being that one is banned).

More than a slight chance. A very GOOD chance. I used NOCD exes for non online gaming as i put my games in wallets and hate having to dig through it and hate wasting my DVD/CD player just to load, slowly, cutscenes.