How can I get Nview to show Ghz speeds in Mhz when overclocking?

DARQ MX

Jun 4, 2005
My 7800gt is already clocked at 1045mhz, Now I want to see if I can get it to GTX speeds cause It is a Evga and I know they OC well. I would like to see my mem clock in mhz insead. Is there a way to do this?

I know these computers speeds are measured in resonance but I can't find the proper calculator for it.

coomar

Banned
Apr 4, 2005
aite, Hz is the unit (for frequency, its basically 1/time in seconds), Mega (shortened to M) stands for 10 to the power 6 (ie a million), Giga (shortened to G) stands for 10 to the power 9 (ie a billion)

Originally posted by: DARQ MX
My 7800gt is already clocked at 1045mhz, Now I want to see if I can get it to GTX speeds cause It is a Evga and I know they OC well. I would like to see my mem clock in mhz insead. Is there a way to do this? I really am not sure what is say 1200mhz in ghz.

I know these computers speeds are measured in resonance but I can't find the proper calculator for it.

Are you sure you should be overclocking?

Let us know what your core and mem is when you find a stable speed.

DARQ MX

Jun 4, 2005
yea, I know that. LoL, I meant on the nview tab. I know it is 1.2ghz but on the tab stock already says 1.07ghz. So would would 1200mhx be 1.20ghz than?

addinator

Jul 11, 2005
i think you already answered your own question there. 1200mhz would be 1.20ghz. its a very simple conversion, and besides 1.2 is the same as 1.20.. its just missing a significant digit. and i agree with the person above.... sure you should be overclocking?

DARQ MX

Jun 4, 2005
why would you ask that? I was not fimliar with coobits being 1.07ghz stock. I bet that you would not guess that 1.07ghz is 1045mhz. I have overclocked alot of times before just not a high end card, I am very used to just mhz.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
Dude, move the decimal point 3 places to the right and you have MHz. 1.07GHz = 1070MHz.

Are you sure you should be overclocking?

DARQ MX

Jun 4, 2005
guys don't be such fagets. I asked one simple qustion cause I was not sure about the moving the ecimal point 3 places to the right. I suck at math by the way, but I am really knowledgble on pc's and I been doing this for 11 years. Also Just because someone asked a not so smart qustion why do you people automaticly think that person is dumb? or can't oc at all?

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
guys don't be such fagets. I asked one simple qustion cause I was not sure about the moving the ecimal point 3 places to the right. I suck at math by the way, but I am really knowledgble on pc's and I been doing this for 11 years. Also Just because someone asked a not so smart qustion why do you people automaticly think that person is dumb? or can't oc at all?

:shocked: If you don't know that 1200MHz = 1.2GHz then maybe you should think twice before tweaking it. These guys have every right to caution you against overclocking and potentially damaging your expensive hardware after what I've seen in this thread.

(By the way, it's faggots - not fagets. If you're going to resort to name calling and using homophobic slurs please at least use the corect spelling. Here's a link containing some interesting facts about the origins of the word: http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mfaggot.html )

Gamingphreek

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003

I wouldn't insult the people hear who are trying to help and advise you -_-.

I think icepik put it admirably in the post above mine :)

-Kevin

DARQ MX

Jun 4, 2005
There not helping at all. I asked does n-view have this option were I can use mhz cause it is more acurate. And no one answered about that. They all just qustion my intelligence in overclocking. Which is so ridiculous because I had a simple questions about ghz into mhz. WOW that is so tough to answer instead of you guys rehashing a boring non-insulting "comback" If I can overclock. The funny thing is, you guys never see how much I help around here.

If I can get a 2.2 sandy with value ram to oc to 2.7 with a 1:1 divider by increasing the HTT and lowering the LDT mutiplyer, than playing with the DRAM. Than I think I know a bit about overclocking now don't I?

Can someone say owned??

DARQ MX

Jun 4, 2005
I always knew that 1200mhz was 1.2 it was the 0 that threw me off, how many times do I got to say it?

Gamingphreek

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Stop getting on the defensive. We told you how to do this and you kept saying you didn't understand or something similar. We said if you cannot convert between mhz and Ghz then your knowledge is in question. Not meant offensively, just a logical conclusion from out POV. Before we know it you are flaming.

Chill out.