How Can I Find Out Who Decided?

Nov 17, 2019
I got a notice recently that my BP credit card is being moved from Synchrony Bank to First National Bank of Omaha FNBO. There was no explanation as to why, or who made the decision. Did Sync boot BP? Did BP boot Sync? Was it simply a contract ending and bids for a new one that FNBO won?

Inquiring minds and all.

I have another retailer card serviced by Synchrony that has not advised of any change. Yet. Curious if I can expect that one to change at some point also.

I really don't like Synchrony, but I have no experience with FNBO to know if it will be better or worse..

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

I could say that took 10 seconds, I'm exhausted - but I won't. ;) Hope this is the info you're looking for.

Nov 17, 2019
I also see a Reddit (I hate that place) thread and a a MyFico thread, but again, neither explain why or who made the decision.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Whatever happened to Mutual of Omaha? They sponsored some Nature show or something decades ago and their name is seared into my head.

Anyway, do they need to disclose that information? There is a growing Green movement among "Ethical" Investors. It's possible that Sync is breaking ties to Fossil Fuel clients. Or a Contract ended and/or someone offered a better deal.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Whatever happened to Mutual of Omaha? They sponsored some Nature show or something decades ago and their name is seared into my head.
Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Came on either before or after Disney on Sunday if I remember right.

Reactions: sandorski

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Came on either before or after Disney on Sunday if I remember right.

That's right. Is Omaha still the bastion of the Life Insurance industry like it used to be? Doesn't seem to come up in conversation much anymore.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Anyway, do they need to disclose that information? There is a growing Green movement among "Ethical" Investors. It's possible that Sync is breaking ties to Fossil Fuel clients. Or a Contract ended and/or someone offered a better deal.
They're still around, one of the big tech employers in Omaha, if you work in tech in Omaha, there's a good chance you know somebody that worked there. They had the first Chik-Fil-A in the state, in their employee-only cafeteria. They've proposed building what would be the new tallest building in the city recently for their HQ.

Reactions: sandorski

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Isn't Synchrony the bank that bought Paypal and by extension runs Paypal Credit?

:oops:

If so it might be time to stop using that card completely especially for large purchases.

RLGL

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2013
I got a notice recently that my BP credit card is being moved from Synchrony Bank to First National Bank of Omaha FNBO. There was no explanation as to why, or who made the decision. Did Sync boot BP? Did BP boot Sync? Was it simply a contract ending and bids for a new one that FNBO won?

Inquiring minds and all.

I have another retailer card serviced by Synchrony that has not advised of any change. Yet. Curious if I can expect that one to change at some point also.

I really don't like Synchrony, but I have no experience with FNBO to know if it will be better or worse..

They have been shedding companies since last fall. I think they maxed out their credit limit.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

Inquiring minds and all.

Who cares?

If you don’t carry a balance on the card then what difference does it make? If they change something and you aren’t happy with the new terms then cancel the card and get one somewhere else. Banks have zero loyalty to you so why you are even giving a moment of thought to this is beyond me.

Last edited:

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Who cares?

If you don’t carry a balance on the card then what difference does it make? If they change something and you aren’t happy with the new terms then cancel the card and get one somewhere else. Banks have zero loyalty to you so why you are even giving a moment of thought to this is beyond me.

Canceling credit cards is a big no if you care about your credit rating.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
How can I make a thread title provides no context about the thread content?

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
It's not nonsense, it depends on your history.

Yep. If you close a card that is newer than your oldest lines of credit, you'll generally not have an impact, but if you affect your average age of credit negatively then it can affect your score.

Reactions: Muadib