How can I convert a pdf to word using adobe acrobat (full version)?

MuffD

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
Trying to convert a pdf to word doc for work and our IT group doesn't know how to do it.

TIA

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i don't think you can do it with acrobat, you'd probably have to get some third party tool for it. i don't think pdf was ever intended to be more than a one-way deal.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: gopunk
i don't think you can do it with acrobat, you'd probably have to get some third party tool for it. i don't think pdf was ever intended to be more than a one-way deal.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
The closest I've been able to get (with 5.0) is to open the pdf, go to file > save as and in the drop down list below, save it as an RTF file.

You lose formatting, but get all the text.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: bunker
The closest I've been able to get (with 5.0) is to open the pdf, go to file > save as and in the drop down list below, save it as an RTF file.

You lose formatting, but get all the text.

Best answer I can give you as well.

MuffD

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
I have to write a new Test outline and was hoping I can take this pdf file but I guess I could try saving as a text file and copy/paste from there or I could copy/paste directly within the document.

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
This is probably the closest ive seen to that:

http://www.scansoft.com/pdfconverter/.

I actually did the beta for this when I was doing the Office 2003 beta. It works most of the time, but sometimes it will kick a PDF back at you if the images are too intense, and warrent the need for something like OmniPage.