how can i conform my processor falilure

Ajin88

Feb 17, 2014
Hi Frnds,
My Laptop is Samsung Rc520. Last month onward s my laptop get's restarted after display of Windows. I think it's OS Failure. then i Re install OS. After All Work finished i Get restarted my Laptop. it remains same.

Plz rply what 2 do now.....:confused:

bailw

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2005
Could be hard drive is dying too, run some Diagnostic test such as Crystaldiskinfo

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
... my laptop get's restarted after display of Windows.

From your description, I'm not clear what actually happened.

1. Do you mean that it starts to boot to Windows and then continually reboots?

If so, that could indicate a virus infection. However, you said that you re-installed Windows, and the problem continued.

2. Did you do a clean installation, either from the recovery partition or from a recovery DVD, or did you try to install it while saving your old settings?

If you tried to save your old settings, a virus could still be present in your restore points or swap file. If so, it would probably try to reassert itself on the new installation. A full, clean installation should resolve that.

If you were able to complete a clean installation, my first guess would be that it probably isn't your CPU. The easiest and least expensive thing to test would be your RAM. If you have more than one stick of RAM, try removing one and booting with the other. If the problem continues, try the other stick. If the problem still continues, try to borrow other RAM to test your machine.

It could also be your hard drive, which is the other part that's easy to test because it is intended to be field replacable. However, if you can't boot to the desktop (continual rebooting), you would have to test the drive by connecting it as a slave to another drive to test it as bailw suggests.

If something else on the motherboard has failed, it may cost more to repair it than to replace it so do as much testing as you can without spending a lot of money.

It sounds like you may not be not very experienced at servicing your machine. If not, I would recommend getting some help from a more experienced friend or from a professional service technician.

Hope that helps. Good luck. :)

Last edited:

ratjacket

Oct 5, 2013
My experiance would send me down the road of testing RAM first

easy and quick

pull one stick and boot

rinse and repeat

if it manges to boot with one stick over another put them both in and run a diagnostic memtest etc

or just ran the diagnostic first, memtest86+ is good

however this can be time consuming to find an error 24+ hours if its only mildy weak

so pulling the sticks is usually the fastest method

just the other day I was fixing a computer, The symptons were it would crash sometimes, then this got worse, then it failed to boot, then it failed to post.

pulled one stick and it booted switched sticks and it failed to post

sometimes you have to try all permutaions and test each stick in each slot as the dimm slots can fail aswell

another example droped laptop refused to boot would post though
reseated RAM problem fixed

Last edited:

KingFatty

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2010
Obtain a "bootable" CD, such as Ubuntu or other forms of Linux, because they are free and easy to burn a bootable CD.

Boot the laptop off the CD and try to use that operating system, does the laptop work?

If so, you will confirm that your problem is your windows installation or your hard drive.

Towermax

Mar 19, 2006
Obtain a "bootable" CD, such as Ubuntu or other forms of Linux, because they are free and easy to burn a bootable CD.

Boot the laptop off the CD and try to use that operating system, does the laptop work?

If so, you will confirm that your problem is your windows installation or your hard drive.

This is the way to start.

Then, memory and/or hard drive testing.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
What are your temperatures in BIOS?

Did you keep the OEM partitions or did you do a clean install of windows?

These guys are giving you good advice, you should test the HDD. Also I would try booting with just one stick of RAM at a time like you mention, as it is highly unlikely that both would be bad.