How can conservative Republics justify attacking performers.....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Vintage Corn especially the part about the lie. Hehe. Haven't figured out yet that how you feel about him is how you feel about yourself?

Ah me, the truth belongs to he who throws the greatest insult.

Oh yes Moonie, and the way you feel about me is also the way you feel about you. Alas, I must leave this reply short, playing with depleated Moonium may cause birth defects......

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
I don't have a problem with any celebritys having oppinions. It's when their oppinions are given more credit simply because they are famous that ticks me off.

You also single out republicans, but democrats do the same thing.

Next, you also group every republican into this one category. Not every republican does this.

Typical liberal...They think they are all righteous and perfect. Examine your own views before you criticize others. ESPECIALLY YOU BOBDN.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
hah...i like bobdn and think you're an idiot...

the irony

I'm sure you do like BOBDN.........which would explain why you don't know what "irony" is......

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Corn
Vintage Corn especially the part about the lie. Hehe. Haven't figured out yet that how you feel about him is how you feel about yourself?

Ah me, the truth belongs to he who throws the greatest insult.

Oh yes Moonie, and the way you feel about me is also the way you feel about you. Alas, I must leave this reply short, playing with depleated Moonium may cause birth defects......

I love you Corn, and playing with Moonium doesn't cause birth defects it just reminds one unconsciously of defects that are almost that formed in early childhood.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Well, my question got the typical right wing conservative response.

They can't defend their hypocrisy so they attack the person who brings it up.

Fvcking hypocrites. Every one of them. :)

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Oh really? Did you even take the time to read the damned responses? Here, I'll make it simple for you.

charrison: Fails to see hypocrisy. Indicates that those you mentioned used their freedom of speech and are free to run for office. Result = No attack on BOBDN

glenn1: Not conservative. Thinks the right has no problem with Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins or anyone expressing their opinion. Brings up other good points relative to thread. Result = No attack on BOBDN

daniel1113: Is a conservative. States his own opinion about what Americans do or don't want to hear. Result = No attack on BOBDN.

csf: Presents a rather long post with his opinions. Result = No attack on BOBDN.

heartsurgeon: Points out quotes from various liberal celebrities. Result = No attack on BOBDN.

NesusD: Another opinion on perception of celebrities. Result = No attack on BOBDN.

Corn: Yeah, he let loose on you.

XZeroII: Yes, he made some negative comments directed toward you.

Wow Bob. How can they all be "Fvcking hypocrites" when 6 of 8 made no attack on you?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

BOBDN - I think you need to take a break - you're going to either hyperventilate or have a heart-attack. The daily whining you spew is growing quite tiresome and I've decided once again to not feed the trolls like you, so after this reply you can count me out of your whiny ass threads.

Now as to your question - it isn't based on reality. Your question tries to equate those who become politicians after/during acting and those who are just actors who sit on the sidelines causing a scene and toss money around. IF your leftist wacko actor freinds would actually get into the political arena then I'd have no qualms with the trash they talk - as it's their right to express their views so people can choose them to lead. Now that doesn't mean they don't have a right to spout thier ignorance if they aren't involved - just don't expect fans/views to cut them any slack. They deserve all the non-respect they earn with their spew.

CkG

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001

earth to dumbass, your argument got shotdown before the 10th response:

I'm not a conservative, but i can hazard a guess. I don't think that the right has a problem with a Susan Sarandon or Tim Robbins (or anyone else) expressing their opinion, but rather that the opinion gets greater exposure than most other citizens' opinions because of their celebrity status, thus seeming to give the opinion greater weight and a perception that their opinions are valued more than those of other citizens.

Also, when someone runs for political office, stating one's political views is somewhat customary, so blasting Arnold or Reagan for expressing theirs is stupid. I may not normally care what the political views of insert actor's name here are, but if he decides to run for Congress in my state, then i'll be quite interested indeed.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

Fvcking hypocrites. Every one of them.

Your question was answered, by me anyway, using the same tone in which it was asked. That you are functionally illiterate and couldn't quite comprehend the substance of my answer to your "question" is of no consequence to me, only reaffirms what I already know about you. That you complain about "attacks" only exposes your hypocrisy.

.......and why hasn't Moonie commented on your self-hatred?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Neither you or the moron who posted above you or any of the other conservative hypocrits answered the question.

You criticize celebrities who voice their opinions when you disagree with them but you support for OFFICE conservatives with NO experience, NO policies and who actually violate the very standards you set for politicians you disagree with.

Stop the bullsh!t. It is quite apparent you people operate using a double standard.

Anything goes for anyone you agree with. Even when it is in direct contradiction of rules you RECENTLY insisted be applied to opposition politicians.

You are a pathetic bunch of hypocrits.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Corn

Fvcking hypocrites. Every one of them.

Your question was answered, by me anyway, using the same tone in which it was asked. That you are functionally illiterate and couldn't quite comprehend the substance of my answer to your "question" is of no consequence to me, only reaffirms what I already know about you. That you complain about "attacks" only exposes your hypocrisy.

.......and why hasn't Moonie commented on your self-hatred?

Clearly BOBDN hates his hypocritical self, Corn, just as your despise your liar. There is one truth and it covers all, me included. That's what amuses me when you say I think I'm God. I am what I see. The trick is to connect how I feel about the other back to me. It's OK to hate, it can't be helped, it's just ridiculous to think there's any justification for that hate. The more you believe in your justification, the harder it becomes to see that what you hate is only yourself, that part of you that got called what you now call the other.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Attacking performers is just a part of it. How about full grown men changing the name "french fries" and "french toast" to "freedom fries" and "freedom toast?" My point is, this isn't an area that engenders careful thought and high principles.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Neither you or the moron who posted above you or any of the other conservative hypocrits answered the question.

Yes I did, obviously you don't know how to read.

csf

Banned
Aug 5, 2001
Actually, numerous posters provided valid theories in response to your question and even restrained from responding to your unwarrented and irritating vitriol in due form, however you appear to be ignoring them entirely and not offering any sort of response or rebuttal except an ad hominem blanket statement (and even if you're going to call people names childishly, the burden is on you to justify your statements with evidence, which you do not offer at all). I guess you're too busy flooding the board with 1000000 other content-less threads that are obviously designed to get angry reactions than facilitate any sort of legitimate discussion, especially considering that you always run away or close your ears when people do try to respond to you with arguments and evidence.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: csf
Actually, numerous posters provided valid theories in response to your question and even restrained from responding to your unwarrented and irritating vitriol in due form, however you appear to be ignoring them entirely and not offering any sort of response or rebuttal except an ad hominem blanket statement (and even if you're going to call people names childishly, the burden is on you to justify your statements with evidence, which you do not offer at all). I guess you're too busy flooding the board with 1000000 other content-less threads that are obviously designed to get angry reactions than facilitate any sort of legitimate discussion, especially considering that you always run away or close your ears when people do try to respond to you with arguments and evidence.

Are you sure that's just not from your perspective and that it has no corresponding reality but what you impute to it. Depending on your own bias, which may be invisible to you, you may have colored vision. How can we tell?