how can anyone really know that licensure is for the public safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
particularly, prescriptions.

as for myself, i dont want legislation requiring prescriptions for certain things even if it does make society safer.

but for those of you who do think prescription mandates make society safer please tell me why you think that.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
First, dude, just go take your meds....you'll feel so much better.

Second, wtf are you talking about? Forced medication for those diagnosed with mental illness?

Last edited:

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
without a prescription how would you know how large a dose and how often for your particular ailment and body weight? docs have been giving out prescriptions long before the government stepped in to regulate it.

and somethings like antibiotics and highly addictive drugs are best if not used for an extended period. overuse of antibiotics does create drug resistant bacteria.

Last edited:

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
particularly, prescriptions.

as for myself, i dont want legislation requiring prescriptions for certain things even if it does make society safer.

but for those of you who do think prescription mandates make society safer please tell me why you think that.

:biggrin:

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
without a prescription how would you know how large a dose and how often for your particular ailment and body weight? docs have been giving out prescriptions long before the government stepped in to regulate it. and somethings like antibiotics and highly addictive drugs are best if not used for an extended period. overuse of antibiotics does create drug resistant bacteria.
the physician can give advice, but everything should be over-the-counter.

for example, psychiatrists make their money from their legislated monopoly to write prescriptions.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
the physician can give advice, but everything should be over-the-counter.

for example, psychiatrists make their money from their legislated monopoly to write prescriptions.

do you really want a repeat like that fungal meningitis outbreak? you know those compounding pharmacies were not regulated and look what happened. how would you feel if it it was one of your family members who was affected by that, like your mom or dad. what would happen to you if you mom died after taking a tainted prescription?

before regulation you could never be curtain of what was in what you were taking and you want to go back to that?

there's a reason regulations were put in place and that is the people pretty much demanded it.

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
do you really want a repeat like that fungal meningitis outbreak? you know those compounding pharmacies were not regulated and look what happened. how would you feel if it it was one of your family members who was affected by that, like your mom or dad. what would happen to you if you mom died after taking a tainted prescription?

before regulation you could never be curtain of what was in what you were taking and you want to go back to that?

there's a reason regulations were put in place and that is the people pretty much demanded it.

The free market can sort it out. Bad actors who kill their customers will go out of business of course.

BUnit1701

May 1, 2013
The free market can sort it out. Bad actors who kill their customers will go out of business of course.

Yes, but if you move to wholly 'free market' system, then the prescription drugs will be more heavily abused. The question boils down to do you view someone having free 'over the counter' access to drugs like Vicodin or Adderaol a problem or not?

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Yes, but if you move to wholly 'free market' system, then the prescription drugs will be more heavily abused. The question boils down to do you view someone having free 'over the counter' access to drugs like Vicodin or Adderaol a problem or not?

bryce forgot the sarcasm tags.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

I was being sarcastic. However some like the OP who are free market absolutists would see no problem with free access to any drug under the sun. They also would not see a need for any regulation to ensure such drugs are produced in a safe manner.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I was being sarcastic. However some like the OP who are free market absolutists would see no problem with free access to any drug under the sun. They also would not see a need for any regulation to ensure such drugs are produced in a safe manner.

pretty much, he didn't pick anarchist because it looks cool, he actually wants no government and damn the consequences.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
The answer is that it keeps people like the OP from doing my job and so others don't die as a result.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I just look at this as controlling people. However, seeing a doctor for advice in some instances can be really helpful. However, some medications designed to knock out colds are available in stronger dosages overseas. Also there has been a trend to limit prescription of antibiotics to 7 days instead of 14 days, causing people to have to go to the doctor twice for the same problem. It worked better when the doctor made the decisions instead of the government.

Just because the government gets involved or puts up roadblocks, that does not mean that the government is helpful or better.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
i would be sad, but they could take a tainted prescription with one world govt regs (not that we will ever have a one world State).

and compounding pharmacies invent new things and sell them for less which is why some of the largest drug companies, waste money on lawyers and clog the courts while trying to put compounding pharmacies out of business.

i realize that regulations may even extend the life of most people as most people probably do benefit from corporatism and attempts at uniformity, but they are not without flaw and it is impossible to measure them as good or bad anyway. they also give the most inefficient, uncreative people like myself jobs that pay them well above what Nature's God would want.

you can never be certain with or without regulations as "life is a crazy ride and nothing is guaranteed". suppose there was a mandate that they had to list every ingredient, the amount, where it was from, explain everything the ingredient did, etc., etc.? and then suppose that few understood?

again, i realize that regulations can protect but they can also harm and they're arbitrarily decided. i dont have any say and i wouldnt want any say because that would hurt others but people who do want a say, who could help the world, and who are lot brighter than a bunch of u.s.g. workers dont have a say.

excessive bureaucracy is almost why FDR almost lost re-election... too bad folks vote even worse today. the Constitution is more popular now than when it went effect. high taxes and spending are more popular today yet just about everyone but the 10% or so establishment hated them. central banking is popular today yet hard money used to be populist. washington wasnt needed. most people didnt want a monument for him, but now most people would consider it treason to fart near it. hamilton wanted pure control over all.

maybe if i had a delusion that i was capable of being a producer than a consumer then i wouldnt feel the way i do and i probably would be working directly for the State. but not only am i always going to be miserable, i cannot and will not ever contribute anything of value to the world, so i should honestly be allowed to die as i wish to. no one would lose, one less leech on society, one more person not miserable, and resources can be saved for someone who will appreciate them.
unfortunately, the State isnt going to allow that as it will probably conscript me into working for it or for some govt funded business under the threat of torture without death.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.