How bad was last week's storm in NJ?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
If anyone else saw some major damage, I'd be interested in knowing where they live.

The above pictures are from Essex County in Northern New Jersey.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
I think this is the storm that we had a little less than two weeks ago. Constant thundering, heavy rains, etc. It was pretty bad, but there was no real physical damage where we were (northern Ohio).

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Aflac
I think this is the storm that we had a little less than two weeks ago. Constant thundering, heavy rains, etc. It was pretty bad, but there was no real physical damage where we were (northern Ohio).
It hit PA and NJ and that's when the microbursts started.

SLCentral

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2003
Er, I'm in Central Jersey and all we had was strong winds and rain, but nothing to write home about.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: SLCentral
Er, I'm in Central Jersey and all we had was strong winds and rain, but nothing to write home about.

Interesting. Most of the major damage seems to have been in my area. It's a week later and you still hear chainsaws going all day. It's been a bonanza for the tree surgeons.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
On a completely unrelated note, I saw a picture of Hayden from Feb 19. Is that his birthday? If so, Hayden is 29 years younger than me to the day.

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001

Ditto, a few small branches in the road was about it. (Monmouth County)

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: dullard
On a completely unrelated note, I saw a picture of Hayden from Feb 19. Is that his birthday? If so, Hayden is 29 years younger than me to the day.

Yup, that is his birthday. Hail, fellow pisces!

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: DnetMHZ

Ditto, a few small branches in the road was about it. (Monmouth County)

We had trees down here in Ocean County.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Not so fast there. Astrology doesn't have a good definition for Hayden or I. Is Pisces Feb 19 - March 20 or is it Feb 20 - Mar 20? They can't agree. One book a friend read said I'd have partial Pisces and partial Aquarius characteristics. Basically, they can blur the line even that much further. Anytime psychics are wrong in their fortunes they just blame it on me being the other side. Anytime psychics are correct, they take credit.

That is, if I cared which I don't.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
There was a storm? No wonder there are branches down all over the lawn and the grass grew 4 inches.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: dullard
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Not so fast there. Astrology doesn't have a good definition for Hayden or I. Is Pisces Feb 19 - March 20 or is it Feb 20 - Mar 20? They can't agree. One book a friend read said I'd have partial Pisces and partial Aquarius characteristics. Basically, they can blur the line even that much further. Anytime psychics are wrong in their fortunes they just blame it on me being the other side. Anytime psychics are correct, they take credit.

That is, if I cared which I don't.

funny - I am feb 26th. I just assumed he was too from the proximity.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs
That's a huge tree to be ripped right out of the ground like that

Trees like that are ripped up all over town. It's really quite unbelievable. The storm only last 30 minutes or so...