How accurate is Fedex's estimated delivery?

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Had something shipped out to me today, estimated deliver is Monday because they don't deliver weekends unless you specify it. I'd like it at latest by Saturday.

I'd appreciate if you could tell me if you've noticed in the past if your shipment's estimated date changed after a day or so. It is still likely I can get the shipment Friday, I'm sure the date I've been given right now is just their required delivery time.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Sometimes it's a day early for me. especially if it's from Cali (since i live in AZ). But if it says Monday, I've never gotten anything on Friday or Saturday before.

Legend

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2005
Usually I get it 1 day earlier or the day expected.

UPS on the other hand likes to hold the package until the expected delivery date even if it's at the local station 2 days early.

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
I've had packages sent via FedEx delievered a day early before. However it is few in far between.

jeffeh

Banned
Dec 8, 2004
its pretty accurate from the times I have used it... you will usually receive it the morning of the day the estimate it to arrive. their system is very efficient!

Aug 27, 2002
Originally posted by: FoBoT
if it says monday, you are most likely to get it monday, not before monday

yup, I've had things arrive at our local fedex and stay there for 2 days to make sure it wasn't delivered early.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
iutll come on teh day it says or before, ive never gotten anything late from fedex, other then when i was waiting for something when 9-11 happened but that doesnt count

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Alright, thanks guys. Basically, since weekend delivery wasn't checked, a day early would mean Friday in a sense. In any case, I'm going to upgrade it to 2 day shipping.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
fedex only screwed up once on a delivery...it went missing and i got reimbursed immedately. every other time, they have been spot on.

baddog121390

Banned
Apr 27, 2005
just ordered a graphics card... it said it would be here tomorrow but it got here today.

they're not usually late. one day early sometimes

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Depends on if they can get it to the right house or not. Had a FedEx truck drop off something at my house today, didn't even knock, just left it at the door. Unfortunately the delivery was for 4011. I live at 4111.

keldysh

Apr 16, 2005
What is grade of service? When did they ship? Where is shipper located? Where is recipient located? With this information we calcuate with 82pct accuracy when you receive package.

SouthPaW1227

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
Originally posted by: DLeRium
UPS is much better for estimates IMO

Not in my life. I'd take FedEx anyday. They're always quicker on ground deliveries to me, and they ALWAYS deliver the day-of or very rarely the day before.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: SouthPaW1227

Not in my life. I'd take FedEx anyday. They're always quicker on ground deliveries to me, and they ALWAYS deliver the day-of or very rarely the day before.

usps priority > fedex ground and ups ground. i take usps priority for anything under $100

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
My estimated delivery date from Fedex never changed, but I have ended up receiving my package the day before the estimated day on more than one occasion.

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
Originally posted by: DaWhim
Originally posted by: SouthPaW1227

usps priority > fedex ground and ups ground. i take usps priority for anything under $100

I would too. Too bad the tracking for USPS Priority sucks.