How about them Steelers?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: rise
Originally posted by: Alistar7
I was the one who said they were outplayed, in the 2nd half, and they were by a 17-14 margin. You can get away with only playing half a game at top performance against the browns and basically a rookie QB, but not against another solid team.
sorry but it happens all the time, even in the playoffs.

regardless, the pats weren't sharp but they never trailed and the game was never in doubt. they even covered a 16.5 pt line, lol.

you can trot out all the percentages you want but if you can't see the pats are are a better team well, you're worse than my neighbor. :p

Pitt would have covered a 16.5 line on the Browns by beating them 34-7, so badly I might add the Browns traded their starting QB the next day. They only gave up one touchdown in garbage time, they surely didn't let the Browns get back into the game and have a shot at possibly winning, unlike the Pats.

I can point out many other quantifiable ways in which the Pats fall short compared to Indy or Pitt but you have no desire to discuss facts. Defense, time of possesion, 3rd down efficiency, rushing yards per game, things that keep the other teams offense off the field, Pitt leads in all those categories over the Pats besides special teams. Winning % of opponents speaks for itself, neither Dallas or the Pats have played anyone while Pitt has put up better numbers against a tougher schedule. Just keep comparing me to your neighbor, really makes a solid case and conveys your football insight quite well.

Pats win by an averge of 23.4 ppg, Pitt 20.0, Pitt has played a much harder schedule so far, as has Indy. Only difference I see between the three is only one has to cheat to win.
Say what you want, their "legacy" will forever be tainted by many, and rightfully so IMHO.

Thanks for adding nothing usefull.... :cookie:
:beer: lmao

It is usually a recipe for success, a mantra on which the Steelers' offense is built: Control the ball, convert third-down situations, limit turnovers and get a 100-yard rushing performance. Oh yeah, and protect the quarterback.

The Steelers did most, if not all, of that, right down to keeping Ben Roethlisberger upright and unscathed for most of the game. ...

... It was more than enough to disrupt the Steelers, who actually did a good job of controlling the time of possession (34 minutes, 43 seconds) -- their No. 1 priority on offense -- and getting their most rushing yards (187) since Week 3 against the San Francisco 49ers.
good stuff.

LMAO!!!!

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
I can point out many other quantifiable ways in which the Pats fall short compared to Indy or Pitt but you have no desire to discuss facts. Defense, time of possesion, 3rd down efficiency, rushing yards per game, things that keep the other teams offense off the field, Pitt leads in all those categories over the Pats besides special teams.
yeah, and you can check todays box scores. the pats lost all those "quantifiable ways" to measure a team you listed (well, they won defensively, lol) against the dolphins and they cruised to victory. the steelers won all those same "quantifiable ways" to measure a team, yet they lost.

:confused:

yes, useful stats :cookie:

One game stats vs cumalitive season stats, which is a better reflection of a team?

Pats held the edge in quite a few offensive areas, that defense also gave up 28 points to a crap Dolphins team.

They gave up 28 points to the Dolphins. In a game that they won 49 - 28 against a division opponent on the road. What do you expect when you're up big.

The Patriots and Dolphins always play each other close. It doesn't matter who is the 'better team' that season, their games are usually very, very tight. If you want proof, look at their recent matchups (below) or find Brady's career stats against the Dolphins.

On top of that the Patriots offense hung up 49 points on the Dolphins. 49! It's very, very hard to play good defense when your team is already up by such a large margin.

Patriots @ Dolphins W 49-28
Patriots @ Dolphins L 0 - 21
Patriots / Dolphins W 20 - 10
Patriots @ Dolphins W 23 - 16
Patriots / Dolphins L 26- 28
Patriots / Dolphins W 24 - 10
Patriots @ Dolphins L 28 - 29