How about them Steelers?

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Held Seattle to a whopping score of big fat 0. I never saw that coming.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don't know how much of that result was due to the Steelers' D and how much belonged to the woeful Seahawks offense, but it was total domination. Probably a combination of both. Hasselbeck didn't seem to have any idea what to do on passing plays, and they weren't able to run.

What shocked me was when the Seahawks put their 2nd string QB in the game with half the 4th quarter left. It was like they decided to just quit.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
What? I thought the Steelers were overrated? Sure fooled me...

There are certain Cheatriots fans here who won't shut their big mouths until we give them the smack down they deserve.

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
as a pats fan i love talking smack to my neighbor, a steelers fan, born and bred. i think he's still v.p. of the boston chapter of the steelers fan club actually, lol.

anyway, he even admitted today that beating the seahawks is not s big win.

i'll be happy to see the steelers come to town so we can finish the cowboys, colts, steelers trifecta- beaiting the three teams playing for second place.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Wake me up when they don't make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I was impressed with this victory. The Steelers defense is doing quite well, a lot better than I expected. I still don't like Ben Roethlisburger though.

se7en

Platinum Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: kranky
I don't know how much of that result was due to the Steelers' D and how much belonged to the woeful Seahawks offense, but it was total domination. Probably a combination of both. Hasselbeck didn't seem to have any idea what to do on passing plays, and they weren't able to run.

What shocked me was when the Seahawks put their 2nd string QB in the game with half the 4th quarter left. It was like they decided to just quit.

I didn't think their D was really all that impressive but Seattles offense just struggled all game. Where they truly did shine was on offense and their time of possession. Boring game but they held the ball so much their defense barely got grass on their shoes.

Thats what grinding it out is all about.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Deeko
I was impressed with this victory. The Steelers defense is doing quite well, a lot better than I expected. I still don't like Ben Roethlisburger though.

He is a cocky asswipe but I can't not like him after hanging out with him and a bunch of the other Steelers rookies back in 04 for an evening. :)

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: rise
as a pats fan i love talking smack to my neighbor, a steelers fan, born and bred. i think he's still v.p. of the boston chapter of the steelers fan club actually, lol.

i'll be happy to see the steelers come to town so we can finish the cowboys, colts, steelers trifecta- beaiting the three teams playing for second place.

Cleveland born and bred Steelers fan here, forced to watch the Cheatriots/Bowns game yesterday. Browns outplayed the pats in the 2nd half, and if they had a QB with more than 10 games experience they could have easily won that game. Pats special teams looked average, at best, and that defense is slow.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Alistar7

Cleveland born and bred Steelers fan here, forced to watch the Cheatriots/Bowns game yesterday. Browns outplayed the pats in the 2nd half, and if they had a QB with more than 10 games experience they could have easily won that game. Pats special teams looked average, at best, and that defense is slow.

And the Steelers losing to Arizona, nuff said.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Good game Steelers. Our offense should have just stayed home.

That loss hurt moral, but atleast I can feel a little better when the Saints come to town this Sunday night. Ill be there hooting and hollering for our offense to pull their heads outta their asses.

Did I mention good game Steelers? ;)

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004

the pats looked like crap in the 3rd qtr but they didn't get outplayed in the 4th. the pats weren't sharp yesterday.

pats will bury the steelers as it stands now.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

the pats looked like crap in the 3rd qtr but they didn't get outplayed in the 4th. the pats weren't sharp yesterday.

In the Steelers defense, Pats can beat any team IMO.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004

Everyone said that in 04 when they were riding a 20 (?) game win streak, and the steelers with a rookie qb steamrolled them. :)

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: 2Xtreme21

Everyone said that in 04 when they were riding a 20 (?) game win streak, and the steelers with a rookie qb steamrolled them. :)
you think the pats are a better team this year or in 04? ;)

pats are just loaded. indy is the only threat. they look good.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
But, as some wise men have said "Cameras or not, the Pats are gonna beat your ass".

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
That was the only game of theirs I have watched this season, was not terribly impressed with the way they played in the 2nd half. Browns outscored them 17-14 in the 2nd half, that's being outplayed in my book. They won't beat Indy/Dallas/Pitt with another performance like the one they gave yesterday, it will take 60 full minutes.

The Pats haven't played anyone worth mentioning, the Browns might have been their toughest opponent so far. Yes the Steelers lost to the Cards, who BTW were in the top 10 of most power rankings as of last week.

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
That was the only game of theirs I have watched this season, was not terribly impressed with the way they played in the 2nd half. Browns outscored them 17-14 in the 2nd half, that's being outplayed in my book. They won't beat Indy/Dallas/Pitt with another performance like the one they gave yesterday, it will take 60 full minutes.
sorry, but the game was never in doubt.

obviously, cleveland isn't indy or dallas even but that wasn't a typical pats performance yesterday. a couple dropped balls, stupid penalties and brady mis-fires aside and that score could've been alot worse. especially in the 3rd qtr.

they're not a perfect team, but damn, they're good.