- Sep 25, 2001
2000 elections: Ralph Nader started the Greene Party
- Bush Jr won Florida by 537 votes, which gave him the Pres.
- Ralph received 97k votes in FL
2024: 'No Label' party
- Rejects partisanship and division and extremism
- Currently, most voters who reject extremism tend to vote Dem
This means the vast majority of votes that a No Labels presidential candidate would receive would likely come out of President Joe Biden’s pool of potential voters, not former President Donald Trump’s – assuming the 2024 election turns out to be a 2020 rematch.
Also, Trump got more votes in 2020 than in 2016 even after:
- two impeachments,
- banning people from Muslim-majority countries
- siding with Putin over US intelligence agencies in Helsinki
- initially saying Covid-19 would “disappear”
One reason Hilary lost in 2016 to Trump was that 6M voters voted 3rd party candidates.
In 2020, only 2M voters voted 3rd party. Most of the 2016 3rd party voters voted for Biden, which eclipsed the increased votes Trump got.
Oh Boy if 3rd party...