Houston, we have a problem.... Detroit now tops as the Fattest City!

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
HOUSTON (AP) ? After three years of holding the title as America's fastest city, Houston shed the weight of the title. The city dropped to No. 2 on the Men's Fitness list of "fattest cities" in America. Detroit moved to the top spot.

Text

Jul 1, 2000
Originally posted by: yellowfiero
HOUSTON (AP) ? After three years of holding the title as America's fastest city, Houston shed the weight of the title. The city dropped to No. 2 on the Men's Fitness list of "fattest cities" in America. Detroit moved to the top spot. Text

And this is a problem, why?

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: DevilsAdvocate
Originally posted by: yellowfiero
HOUSTON (AP) ? After three years of holding the title as America's fastest city, Houston shed the weight of the title. The city dropped to No. 2 on the Men's Fitness list of "fattest cities" in America. Detroit moved to the top spot. Text

And this is a problem, why?

Bout time it moved out of the South

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
Woohoo!

Unfortunately Houston now sits in second, San Antonio in third, and Dallas in fourth. Chicago comes in at a marginal 5th.

:eek:

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: PhaZe
Woohoo!

Unfortunately Houston now sits in second, San Antonio in third, and Dallas in fourth. Chicago comes in at a marginal 5th.

Wow I would still say that Texas on the whole is really f'ing pathetic!!! 3 cities in the top 5 thats just horrible damn near epidemic!!:D

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
This Christmas vacation you'd have thought I was single handedly trying to retake the title.

<---metro Detroit

Somebody stop me.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Philadelphia, get off your skinny asses and eat some cheesesteaks!

Didn't they used to be the biggest?

TekDemon

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2001
Ugh well if I don't get rid of this weight soon New York is going to start catching up! Maybe I should move to Detroit so nobody thinks I'm fat hahaha

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Crazymofo
Woohoo!

Wow I would still say that Texas on the whole is really f'ing pathetic!!! 3 cities in the top 5 thats just horrible damn near epidemic!!:D
Have you ever thought about the possible correlation that these 3 cities are also in the top 10 of the largest cities in the US?

ClueLis

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Originally posted by: Crazymofo
Woohoo!

Have you ever thought about the possible correlation that these 3 cities are also in the top 10 of the largest cities in the US?

I don't think that the listing is total poundage of the entire population, instead it more likely obesity per capita.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Actually, it's calculated based on how much fruit and vegetables are eaten (bought), polls about how much time the populace spends exercising and watching TV, etc. Actual obesity isn't a factor, IIRC.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Yes, I'm bringing up a few day old thread, but it's better than reposting...

Anyway... is it a fact that those aren't "walking" cities like NYC or Boston ?

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
That's right, you can't even beat us in the fat-race! ;)

now, what I didn't understand, was that in Detroit, we have the winter season, so people are indoors all day with little exercize...so how would Houston be fatter? And it's so hot down there too...

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
For Detroit, they did cite the cold weather in addition to the lack of exercise facilities (clubs, etc.) in the report (I heard it on the radio).

And in Texas... well who the hell knows what's out there if anything... ;)

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
I imagine that in TX no one goes outside because its so dang hot out.:D

Anyone know the whole top ten fattest list so we can compare it with the top ten largest cities?