House Spending Bill - goodbye contribution limits

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Honestly progressive dems and tea parties could easily come together on a few issues, especially when it comes to money and politics and government waste.

That will probably never happen because both sides virulently hate each other, as planned. What I can see are politicians from both sides getting together for dinner and drinks to laugh about how they are playing the rubes on each side against each other to rake in the big bucks and stay in power. Heck, even if they are voted out they have a guaranteed job becoming lobbyists, members of think tanks, board members of wealthy banks and so on.

Once they play the game right they win, even when they lose.

Feb 4, 2009
I suppose this is what you are referring to. Even you can't be so naïve to think the millions kicked off of their plans didn't cause some political backlash.

Mid-range estimate: 51% of employer-sponsored plans will get canceled.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...e-to-keep-their-health-plans-under-obamacare/

Good cancel all of them. We'll go to single payer and businesses can concentrate on being businesses instead of care providers.
Back on topic, I love how the banking clause and the campaign finance clause got stuck in there and nobody wants to claim ownership of either. Better yet there is no process to know whom added them in.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Good cancel all of them. We'll go to single payer and businesses can concentrate on being businesses instead of care providers.
Back on topic, I love how the banking clause and the campaign finance clause got stuck in there and nobody wants to claim ownership of either. Better yet there is no process to know whom added them in.

Does it really matter who it is/they are when at least we know for certain from what party the riders got slipped in from? ;)

Feb 4, 2009
Does it really matter who it is/they are when at least we know for certain from what party the riders got slipped in from? ;)

It certainly would be nice to know. The point is nobody will take ownership of it because its wrong and nobody wants to explain the benefit to voters.